Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Di-Noc Center Console Wrap is sooooooo easy!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used kenriko's pattern... with some minor modifications, but used 3M Di-Noc Architectural Vinyl. It went down amazingly well in. So easy compared to 3M 1080. The last touch was a hairdryer at the cup holes, and it layed down perfectly. If you have your own cutter, this is the best vinyl you can buy, and well worth the price for the amateur. You cannot screw it up. If tyou pull the vinyl out of shape, hit it with a hairdryer and it goes back to the original shape. it also has an amazing 4D pattern to the 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber vs the 3M1080, which they call 3D. It actually has depth.

Attachments

• 3m-di-noc-pattern-st-1587.jpg
    3m-di-noc-pattern-st-1587.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: Sg911 and Jimmy 1
I used kenriko's pattern... with some minor modifications, but used 3M Di-Noc Architectural Vinyl. It went down amazingly well in. So easy compared to 3M 1080. The last touch was a hairdryer at the cup holes, and it layed down perfectly. If you have your own cutter, this is the best vinyl you can buy, and well worth the price for the amateur. You cannot screw it up. If tyou pull the vinyl out of shape, hit it with a hairdryer and it goes back to the original shape. it also has an amazing 4D pattern to the 3M Di-Noc Carbon Fiber vs the 3M1080, which they call 3D. It actually has depth.

How about some photos of the finished look?

Looks pretty good to me. I guess that would be one disadvantage of going with something with lines. I might just do a brushed metal look. No lines to line up. Looks hard enough as it is without having to do the lines too.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Looks pretty good to me. I guess that would be one disadvantage of going with something with lines. I might just do a brushed metal look. No lines to line up. Looks hard enough as it is without having to do the lines too.
Actually Di-Noc makes it super easy. You can peel it off and start over. Unlike 1080, it gets stretched and you have to get a new piece..

Isn't DI-NOC permanent?

It does have a permanent adhesive, so it would be difficult to remove. Still, it does look really good.

From fellers.com :
What's the difference between 3M DI-NOC and 3M 1080 Carbon Fiber?
They both have carbon fiber and brushed metallic options but these films are not the same. DI-NOC is thicker, has a permanent adhesive, and is not designed for vehicle wraps. You can use it to wrap a dash board or flat surface, but don't expect it to come off easily. DI-NOC is used most often in architectural applications like cabinets, tables, refrigerators or even sinks. 3M 1080 has a removable adhesive and is far more conformable than DI-NOC and it's available in 60" width making it ideal for vehicle wraps. 1080 is the way to go for vehicle wraps.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
It does have a permanent adhesive, so it would be difficult to remove. Still, it does look really good.

From fellers.com :
What's the difference between 3M DI-NOC and 3M 1080 Carbon Fiber?
They both have carbon fiber and brushed metallic options but these films are not the same. DI-NOC is thicker, has a permanent adhesive, and is not designed for vehicle wraps. You can use it to wrap a dash board or flat surface, but don't expect it to come off easily. DI-NOC is used most often in architectural applications like cabinets, tables, refrigerators or even sinks. 3M 1080 has a removable adhesive and is far more conformable than DI-NOC and it's available in 60" width making it ideal for vehicle wraps. 1080 is the way to go for vehicle wraps.
I have changed mine 3 times now. It comes off fairly easy, but not as easy as 1080. But a little "goo off" solves any adhesive issues. White Carbon is my next one.

Reactions: wbhokie