Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd Party Powerwall Installation Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
folks, i got a quote of $11,500 for a powerwall plus gateway install (Ca$h) $13,500 financed
that seems a tad pricey....
can anyone share please

I don’t understand why your cash price differs from financed price — they should be the same. Is this quote from Tesla?

You can estimate the cost yourself at Tesla Powerwall. For example, Tesla estimate there for *two* Powerwalls plus gateway is $14,500 for equipment, $1000-3000 install fees. Current Powerwall cost is $6700 and Gateway is $1100. So for your case of 1 Powerwall that ranges from $8800 to $10800 before taxes. Without knowing details of your site conditions and requirements, hard to evaluate further.

I don’t understand why your cash price differs from financed price — they should be the same. Is this quote from Tesla?

You can estimate the cost yourself at Tesla Powerwall. For example, Tesla estimate there for *two* Powerwalls plus gateway is $14,500 for equipment, $1000-3000 install fees. Current Powerwall cost is $6700 and Gateway is $1100. So for your case of 1 Powerwall that ranges from $8800 to $10800 before taxes. Without knowing details of your site conditions and requirements, hard to evaluate further.
it was a cold call from Miami, Florida area. "We have seen your comments here and there that you need a powerwall, we have __a_lot__ in stock. You can cancel your Tesla reservation and buy from us, at the low low price of $11,500 CASH or $13,500 if we _finance_ it for you, we are delighted to help you......."
My BS meter is screaming "danger danger"
??Lots of Powerwalls in stock?? say what??
(extra's from Puerto Rico?)
??cancel my PW Res??
??whom is stalking me??

(Can i get and install a Gateway way prior to the PW?)
(yeah, google is my friend)

thanks for the figures, i expect they have a _nice_ profit built in

it was a cold call from Miami, Florida area. "We have seen your comments here and there that you need a powerwall, we have __a_lot__ in stock. You can cancel your Tesla reservation and buy from us, at the low low price of $11,500 CASH or $13,500 if we _finance_ it for you, we are delighted to help you......."
My BS meter is screaming "danger danger"
??Lots of Powerwalls in stock?? say what??
(extra's from Puerto Rico?)
??cancel my PW Res??
??whom is stalking me??

(Can i get and install a Gateway way prior to the PW?)
(yeah, google is my friend)

thanks for the figures, i expect they have a _nice_ profit built in
There are lots of private companies that are installing the Powerwalls, most of the ones that I have received quotes from are very high.

folks, i got a quote of $11,500 for a powerwall plus gateway install (Ca$h) $13,500 financed
that seems a tad pricey....
can anyone share please

Honestly seems pretty reasonable to me if you look at the cash price, maybe a tad bit high for a cold quote. Not sure what sort of profit margin you expect the installers to make but your quote looks just a few hundred higher than the Tesla price (assuming the 3k install fees).

Depending on your main service configuration and size, Tesla very well may up charge you for a new one, depending on your details. That additional cost was also a surprise to another user who was enticed by Tesla low up front price, then felt swindled by the final bill.

If you want to wait and see what Tesla pricing looks like when they get around to it, let us know what the final cost is. Powerwalls are not staying on our shelves long, but supply appears better than at first release.

Like Merril said, our quotes are never the lowest but also you don't see us making simple mistakes with the CT location and orientation as I have seen over and over from other installers. You get what you pay for, usually.

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
Honestly seems pretty reasonable to me if you look at the cash price, maybe a tad bit high for a cold quote. Not sure what sort of profit margin you expect the installers to make but your quote looks just a few hundred higher than the Tesla price (assuming the 3k install fees).

Depending on your main service configuration and size, Tesla very well may up charge you for a new one, depending on your details. That additional cost was also a surprise to another user who was enticed by Tesla low up front price, then felt swindled by the final bill.

If you want to wait and see what Tesla pricing looks like when they get around to it, let us know what the final cost is. Powerwalls are not staying on our shelves long, but supply appears better than at first release.

Like Merril said, our quotes are never the lowest but also you don't see us making simple mistakes with the CT location and orientation as I have seen over and over from other installers. You get what you pay for, usually.

For the benefit of the forum, could you please state your financial interest and vendor identification given your disclosure as a reseller?

For the benefit of the forum, could you please state your financial interest and vendor identification given your disclosure as a reseller?
im an end user with 11.655kW array, PHEV vehicle, interested in PW and leery of things
Back when Chevy Volts were first being sold there were $20,000+ premiums to get a PHEV with a 40+ mile range
i will get real soon quotes apparently as i seem to have kicked over a bee's nest

I am not representing any company here, my views are my own. I do work for a PV and Powerwall installation company. I carry some experience from my work field into my hobby, which is discussing renewable energy design, codes and installations with folks on the internet.

My understanding is that my use of the forum is within the guidelines but if you feel differently PM me or a moderator and we can get things worked out.

If you were to pm me and ask for a quote I would respond but try not to solicit business here as I do not pay for that right.

Reactions: neroden and cr0ntab