Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$400 for your model 3 performance spoiler...message me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get loud mouths making lame comments

That's 99% of the internet.

There's extra value prescribed to something just because its officially from Tesla.

Elon Musk can sell Raid spray to roaches so of course the spoiler is going to command a premium. Should be higher than any future MSRP because no one can get the official Tesla ones from Tesla.

I have some regret of getting the Rice package so I'd sell the whole setup but parting out just the spoiler is silly. Definitely not for $400.

Wonder if Tesla can transfer the top speed limit to another VIN of my choice? :p

what I find ironic is that I don't see the carbon spoiler
broken out price in the order section,
nor do I see tesla offering it as an accessory?

so perhaps, those in this thread attempting to
target the spoiler price without reference are trying to
drive prices or buyers without participating?

some P3D owners don't want the added attraction of
performance parts on the car, given that around town
driving speeds won't approach the need or benefit of
aerodynamics such as the spoiler?

what I find ironic is that I don't see the carbon spoiler
broken out price in the order section,
nor do I see tesla offering it as an accessory?

so perhaps, those in this thread attempting to
target the spoiler price without reference are trying to
drive prices or buyers without participating?

some P3D owners don't want the added attraction of
performance parts on the car, given that around town
driving speeds won't approach the need or benefit of
aerodynamics such as the spoiler?

For me personally I just like the look of a trunk lip spoiler. I know it won’t come in much use for performance in my case.

Not trying to rip off or take advantage of anyone here. OP started with 400 so I used it as a starting point. Everyone is trying to buy stuff for the best price than can. Then also sell for the highest they can.

I have no idea what this is valued at by Tesla nor do I think many do at this point. Coming from a euro car background. If I compare it to brand new OEM BMW CF trunk lip spoilers those are $250-$500? So I don’t think the prices mentioned so far are too far fetched.

If it’s easier anyone who wants to sell their spoiler in SoCal just PM me your best price (within reason). If it works for me we can make a deal. :D

Last edited:
Elon thought of this, its called .....

P3+
P3-

If history proves an indicator.... Im sure at some point it will all be P3+

are you saying that a future P3D will or
could be driven hard enough to benefit from a spoiler?

my last car had north of 600p/600 ft lbs torque,
it always slayed me when resetting my milage computer
that my average speed was less than 40 mph!

I doubt there is any measurable change in performance
from spoilers on non track cars, so for me I'd rather not
break up a beautiful white trunk/deck lid.

are you saying that a future P3D will or
could be driven hard enough to benefit from a spoiler?

Who cares? Its part of a value added options package. The point is that you have the option of purchasing with and without these add ons. Frankly I think its money in the bank as the + would be a sort after options package at time of resale. Much like the chrono package is to the Porsche 911TT.

Who cares? Its part of a value added options package. The point is that you have the option of purchasing with and without these add ons. Frankly I think its money in the bank as the + would be a sort after options package at time of resale. Much like the chrono package is to the Porsche 911TT.

I guess that's where you & I differ?

if it doesn't have function,
given that neither you or I know,
form doesn't matter to my eye,
and because it came within options
package I chose for other reasons,
it's lost all importance to me, so I care.

now if I was building a track car...

I doubt there is any measurable change in performance
from spoilers on non track cars, so for me I'd rather not
break up a beautiful white trunk/deck lid.

if it doesn't have function,
given that neither you or I know,
form doesn't matter to my eye,...

Something seems a little off there... :)

Seriously, I understand where you're coming from. If I went with the Performance model I wouldn't put the spoiler on, either. Because I don't like the look of carbon fiber in general, and I wouldn't want to break up the continuity of the paint. I might consider a lip spoiler if it were the same color as the rest of the car.

But the fact is that everyone wants their car to look the way they want their car to look. That's the nice part about it. People can have their own taste on their own cars. That's why you bought white, (a color I would never buy in a million years) and I bought red. And it doesn't matter if that spoiler has any usable function. If that's the look someone wants, so be it.

So are all the non P owners trying to pretend to be P with a spoiler? Is that the intent? How about some fake badges while youre at it too.

Or maybe they just like the look of the spoiler, but don't want/can't afford to pay $15K for it...? Would you say the same thing about me because I want to paint the calipers on my car red?

If I were to put the performance package on my car there is no way I would put the spoiler or the badge on the car. Just don't like the look.

People like to customize their car to their own tastes. Can they do that without your judgment? Geez.

Reactions: malciv and JTesmod3
I was never a spoiler person but I have to admit I like the CF spoiler on my P90D lease, so am interested in one for my P3D - but not as part of a $5k appearance package.

I think tesla use to sell the Model S spoiler for like $1500? Given that Tsportline is selling a model 3 spoiler for 700, I'd imagine the market value for an OEM spoiler is at least that.

I was never a spoiler person but I have to admit I like the CF spoiler on my P90D lease, so am interested in one for my P3D - but not as part of a $5k appearance package.

I think tesla use to sell the Model S spoiler for like $1500? Given that Tsportline is selling a model 3 spoiler for 700, I'd imagine the market value for an OEM spoiler is at least that.
So im trying to figure that out myself right now. Considering ordering a P3D but the online configuration tool is confusing. You choose Performance Dual Motor on page 1 for 64k and it says the 3.5s 0-60 and 155mph top, then page 2 for the exterior it has that 5k (what i take as appearance package) thats called "Performance Upgrade" which says it increases the top speed from 145 to 155. So which is it? Page 1 doesnt say you need that package to hit 155 but then page 2 says you do.

So im trying to figure that out myself right now. Considering ordering a P3D but the online configuration tool is confusing. You choose Performance Dual Motor on page 1 for 64k and it says the 3.5s 0-60 and 155mph top, then page 2 for the exterior it has that 5k (what i take as appearance package) thats called "Performance Upgrade" which says it increases the top speed from 145 to 155. So which is it? Page 1 doesnt say you need that package to hit 155 but then page 2 says you do.

The Performance Dual motor Model 3 can go UP to 155 top speed.

With top speed dependent on you choosing the Performance Upgrade Package.

You need that spoiler to apply downward pressure so you don’t whipsaw between the speeds of 145-155. :D

You get bigger brakes but I still call it the rice package because I don’t think you get enough ‘performance’ out of 5K.

Sub 3.5 0-60 would be sweet but you’d cannibalize the Model S P’s.

• Informative
Reactions: Kbra
The Performance Dual motor Model 3 can go UP to 155 top speed.

With top speed dependent on you choosing the Performance Upgrade Package.

You need that spoiler to apply downward pressure so you don’t whipsaw between the speeds of 145-155. :D

You get bigger brakes but I still call it the rice package because I don’t think you get enough ‘performance’ out of 5K.

Sub 3.5 0-60 would be sweet but you’d cannibalize the Model S P’s.
Ah i see that sneaky "up to" statement. Crafty. I agree though. The 0-60 3.5s is the real winning feature. The rest is cosmetic and meh.

Reactions: adhoc
I'm interested in the cosmetics of the spoiler because it just looks nice to me. Offering $550 :D LA/OC/SB area.

qpldcx82e5h11.jpg

Reactions: MXWing