Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4680 "Replica" Desktop paperweight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I turned a piece of aluminum to 46x80mm to see what the new Tesla 4680 battery will look like on my lathe and then posted it on this forum to share the pictures. (see the battery area). I then showed it to some friends and they asked me to make them one and that I should sell them. So I listed them on Etsy and I am sharing that here if that's ok. I am not going to make millions but I think they are pretty cool to hold onto and I do this part time as a hobby. Mock Tesla 4680 Paperweight | Etsy is the link

Truth is I was surprised to see people charging $40 to 3d print one on Etsy but I still am asking $29 for one on there for aluminum. I ordered some UHMW that I am going to list for probably $20 and free shipping. Material is cheaper and I can turn way faster with little wear on parts. So if interested in that, PM me and I can get you one.

Again, hope ok to list on here. If you're not interested in buying one, no problem but look at the pics on what a monster Tesla has created!
IMG_7518.jpeg
IMG_7517.jpeg
IMG_7501.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7520.jpeg
    IMG_7520.jpeg
    700.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7500.jpg
    IMG_7500.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stach
Not to rain on your parade, but the mods will shut you down when they see this. They would consider you a vendor and you have to go through the proper channels with them to be approved to sell like this. Just a heads up.

Appreciate it but I have already heard from the moderators. I asked if ok to sell on here. I am not looking to make a profit and if I amortized my time and materials Im likely losing money. I put this on here because I think its fun and I see people selling 3d printed stuff for $42 and its literally 20 cents of plastic.

No parade to rain on, but thank you for input.

Reactions: danny and Kairide