Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5-day-old Model Y suddenly shut down

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This can happen with any vehicle. I have experienced a full vehicle shutdown in a Range Rover with zero warning - in the middle lane of a 65mph highway. Not even enough time to move over. Dead on the spot. Never had an issue with my Y as is the case with most owners.

In this case he at least got a warning. He was never trapped since he used the emergency door release. The battery (low voltage) was dead, hence the broken window. An unfortunate situation for sure, but to go around claiming that Teslas are bad and that’s why there are discounts is ridiculous.

Interesting that you post this as a new member by the way. It appears that all of your posts are criticism of Elon and Tesla. Willing to bet you don’t have a Tesla and have no intention of getting one. Just here to hate.

This can happen with any vehicle. I have experienced a full vehicle shutdown in a Range Rover with zero warning - in the middle lane of a 65mph highway. Not even enough time to move over. Dead on the spot. Never had an issue with my Y as is the case with most owners.

In this case he at least got a warning. He was never trapped since he used the emergency door release. The battery (low voltage) was dead, hence the broken window. An unfortunate situation for sure, but to go around claiming that Teslas are bad and that’s why there are discounts is ridiculous.

Interesting that you post this as a new member by the way. It appears that all of your posts are criticism of Elon and Tesla. Willing to bet you don’t have a Tesla and have no intention of getting one. Just here to hate.
To be honest, I have to say my interest in a Tesla is definitely waning with Musk’s antics and the defensiveness of Tesla fans.

To be honest, I have to say my interest in a Tesla is definitely waning with Musk’s antics and the defensiveness of Tesla fans.

Agree on the antics 100%. Also agree that Tesla fans tend to be more defensive. That being said, I also believe that Tesla gets way more criticism than other brands (both true and untrue). I don’t defend everything related to Tesla. I just think that trashing the brand/vehicle quality based on one very limited experience is silly IMO.

If he had more experience with Teslas and made the claim, fine. He barely drove it and now says all Teslas are no good. Can’t blame him for being mad about the experience though as it was horrible and Tesla didn’t do enough in response. I also acknowledge that other people have had the same or worse from Tesla. I just don’t think that the majority experience this as he implies.

Reactions: EVer Hopeful
Agree on the antics 100%. Also agree that Tesla fans tend to be more defensive. That being said, I also believe that Tesla gets way more criticism than other brands (both true and untrue). I don’t defend everything related to Tesla. I just think that trashing the brand/vehicle quality based on one very limited experience is silly IMO.

If he had more experience with Teslas and made the claim, fine. He barely drove it and now says all Teslas are no good. Can’t blame him for being mad about the experience though as it was horrible and Tesla didn’t do enough in response. I also acknowledge that other people have had the same or worse from Tesla. I just don’t think that the majority experience this as he implies.
I agree with @cgell on all points (including my disappointment in Elon lately). @italian bread , we just get tired of the endless wave of rando's joining our forum to do nothing but bash Tesla's for the sake of bashing.

In the past, I worked for a company providing roadside assistance for several large European and Korean car manufacturer.
You would be extremely surprised by the number of new cars breaking down, believe me.

Business Insider:

A Tesla owner says his Model Y ordered him to pull over before it suddenly shut down, trapping him inside

• A Tesla owner said his 5-day-old car suddenly shut down, leaving him trapped inside.
  • The YouTuber Tom Exton said he was 15 minutes into his ride before the car ordered him to pull over.
  • He said the driver's window "somehow broke" when he used the emergency override to get out the car.
What is the purpose of your posts?

• Love
Reactions: Mike_TV