Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 Digit Insurance Code Not Accepted

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I set up insurance for my 11/22 delivery so everything is squared for that day. I've uploaded the insurance card on my Tesla account, but when I try to enter in the 5 digit State Farm insurance code, it says that it's not valid. I've tried multiple other companies to see if would accept it, but no luck. I'm able to fill in the other information (Policy #, expiration date, ect...) but can't submit it because of the company code. Has anyone else run in to this problem in the past?

I'd call my SA but he's been completely useless since day 1. He's yet to return an E-mail, call, or text.

I was told the number it asks for is NOT the 5 digit NAIC code which is why it will not take it. On my Progressive Insurance card there is both an NAIC number (10192) (which is the obvious thing to try but does not work) but also another number with no indication "Progressive Select Insurance Co. - 02960" which is the number it wanted so look for a number that is NOT the NAIC code. The Tesla App leaves so much to be desired, one of the worst parts of buying the vehicle IMHO.

I had same issue. With my proof of insurance card it clearly showed the 5 digit NIAC code and it would not take!
Then I noticed next to my policy number they had a separate state code, put that in, and smooth sailing!