Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HOW to put sentry videos into the insurance adjuster’s hands?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jsanford

Red Model 3
Apr 27, 2016
Seattle
Hi all,

Two weeks ago, our car was struck in a restaurant parking lot. We found it after coming out, watched the footage, then located the driver of the other vehicle in the restaurant (she did leave a note).

Long story short, her insurance company says she has inadequate coverage and to ”go through our insurance.” My claims adjuster seems hesitant to subrogate and technically unskilled in general. It’s hard to fathom that they are denying responsibility when we were not in our legally parked car, but there you go.

The company’s website can’t upload files greater than 30MB. It won’t accept compressed files. I emailed the sentry videos to their automated filing system as instructed, and the files were corrupted. Our next step is burn a CD, mail it to the company’s home office and hope for the best. That is going to cost extra money and time between the CD mailer and sending the certified materials to a likely fruitless end. If I received a CD as an insurer, I wouldn’t just stick it into a device and open it.

The videos are crucial to the subrogation—you can see the other car sustain its own damage. The shop won’t be able to fix it until likely next January and they’ll need the car for a month.

Anyone successfully get 16 sentry video files in a claim adjuster’s hands? We’re thinking of changing carriers over this, but if the entire industry is incapable of receiving video footage, then there’s no point.

Hi all,

Two weeks ago, our car was struck in a restaurant parking lot. We found it after coming out, watched the footage, then located the driver of the other vehicle in the restaurant (she did leave a note).

Long story short, her insurance company says she has inadequate coverage and to ”go through our insurance.” My claims adjuster seems hesitant to subrogate and technically unskilled in general. It’s hard to fathom that they are denying responsibility when we were not in our legally parked car, but there you go.

The company’s website can’t upload files greater than 30MB. It won’t accept compressed files. I emailed the sentry videos to their automated filing system as instructed, and the files were corrupted. Our next step is burn a CD, mail it to the company’s home office and hope for the best. That is going to cost extra money and time between the CD mailer and sending the certified materials to a likely fruitless end. If I received a CD as an insurer, I wouldn’t just stick it into a device and open it.

The videos are crucial to the subrogation—you can see the other car sustain its own damage. The shop won’t be able to fix it until likely next January and they’ll need the car for a month.

Anyone successfully get 16 sentry video files in a claim adjuster’s hands? We’re thinking of changing carriers over this, but if the entire industry is incapable of receiving video footage, then there’s no point.
I added mine to Google Drive then sent them a link. That worked fine.

Reactions: jsanford
Google Drive, or YouTube. I frequently send videos to friends by posting the full res version to YouTube being sure to mark it as unlisted (not private, not public) and then emailing the direct link. I think I have way more unlisted videos on my YouTube account than videos that are public.