Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 referrals but no invitation for the Gigafactory grand opening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

My goal was to attend the Gigafactory grand opening so I made a lot of efforts and I reached 5 referrals. I took my plane tickets from France, I booked the hotel but I'm still waiting for the invitation email.

Do you know when I will receive it? Coming to Reno is a financial effort for me and for my friend. I'd like to be sure that I'll be able to attend the event!

Nevertheless, I'll be happy to meet you in Reno :)

I got email this morning from Tesla inviting me to join the lottery-- and saying that if I
won the lottery, it would be for me and one guest. If someone else wins, and does not have
a "guest to take", I would love be someone's guest. I am coming to TMC Connect.
Just wondering if that is possible.

There are a few people who are reporting they received an actual invite email this morning, including those who won Gigafactory invites from prior referral programs but all with this current program.

I, too, got 5 referrals in the same program but have not yet received the invite email. I did get the lottery email but I suspect that's going out to most owners regardless of referral program achievements.

My last 2 referrals came in the last day or 2 of the promotion, and I wonder if this is why the Gigafactory invite hasn't shown up yet?

I posted in another thread - I did contact the right people at Tesla and pointed them at the Gigafactory thread, noting that several people had not received an invite, but rather a lottery entry email.

The team is looking into it and I expect things should be corrected shortly.

@bonnie thanks so much! Very observant of you -- it would be interesting to see if the lottery emails went out to people who were supposed to get actual invites and if the lottery emails were supposed to go to all owners in another wave.

Regardless I'll be pounding my inbox to watch for the invite. Refresh refresh refresh refreshrefreshrefreshrefresh

@bonnie thanks so much! Very observant of you -- it would be interesting to see if the lottery emails went out to people who were supposed to get actual invites and if the lottery emails were supposed to go to all owners in another wave.

Regardless I'll be pounding my inbox to watch for the invite. Refresh refresh refresh refreshrefreshrefreshrefresh
Hah. Give them a little time. It's the weekend. Hopefully they'll get it straightened out quickly, but they will get it straightened out.

Hi everyone,

My goal was to attend the Gigafactory grand opening so I made a lot of efforts and I reached 5 referrals. I took my plane tickets from France, I booked the hotel but I'm still waiting for the invitation email.

Do you know when I will receive it? Coming to Reno is a financial effort for me and for my friend. I'd like to be sure that I'll be able to attend the event!

Nevertheless, I'll be happy to meet you in Reno :)

Shain,
Hope you have received your invitation via email today.
My friend got his this morning.
I believe you need to confirm your attendance and submit a response to Tesla.

Look forward to meeting you at the Opening!

>pw

@Hermann, @Mickie : you're right, it was 4 referral to get the invitation

@purplewalt I received my invitation and I confirmed!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 14.54.34.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 14.54.34.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
I posted in another thread - I did contact the right people at Tesla and pointed them at the Gigafactory thread, noting that several people had not received an invite, but rather a lottery entry email.

The team is looking into it and I expect things should be corrected shortly.

I was told by a Tesla rep in Chicago that actually ALL of the referral award tiers are raffles and no one is guaranteed anything (not a set of wheels, not an invite, not even a bag!). Hope it's not true.
This is crazy to me given how explicit the description was (which I saved as a PDF) on Tesla's website.
The one thing I wonder is if your referrals had to be completed as deliveries before you receive any awards, which could eliminate the gigafactory attendance due to time constraint.

-Brandon

I haven't received my invitation email yet (I had 5 referrals in the current program). I inquired and got an email from a Tesla rep saying I am indeed a confirmed invitee to the GF event (yay), and I should be getting actual the formal invite email "soon" but it hasn't shown up yet.

Based on the non-official confirmation email, I did go ahead and book a flight and hotel but it's unnerving to not have the actual invitation email.

For those who got and confirmed the GF invite: after you confirm did you get some sort of "pass" or confirmation ID number/code/graphic/pdf etc?

I spoke to a marketing person and finally received my invitation from Tesla ... :cool:

Here are the key points regarding the Referral program and GF invitation:

1. There is a 7 day waiting period after 7/15 for each reservation to be non-refundable.
2. Once all 5 referrals go hard on 7/22, then you should receive a formal GF invitation.
3. The additional prize details will also be available after 7/31 to all award winners.

Is there a special price for us to stay at Atlantis resort?! I telephoned them, was put on hold for 20 minutes, then hung up on. I'm thinking a different hotel. Anybody have any info and/or recommendations?!?! Price posted for Atlantis resort on trivago is $265 per night, over my budget.
Lots of rooms available elsewhere for $100 a night.
Recommendations please?!?!
Any Reno people got a room for rent?!

Is there a special price for us to stay at Atlantis resort?! I telephoned them, was put on hold for 20 minutes, then hung up on. I'm thinking a different hotel. Anybody have any info and/or recommendations?!?! Price posted for Atlantis resort on trivago is $265 per night, over my budget.
Lots of rooms available elsewhere for $100 a night.
Recommendations please?!?!
Any Reno people got a room for rent?!

franklandfield:
We are going to Gigafactory opening, not doing TMC Connect, staying at the Grand Sierra Resort.

You might check hotel reservations there.

We might have spare room in car if you need a ride to the event.