TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

5% tint

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by dano9258, Jul 15, 2018.

1. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Picked my model 3 up yesterday and went directly to the tint shop. They did an amazing job and looks great. 5% ceramic all around to include the rear roof that is already tinted. Let me know what you think IMG_20180715_114232.jpg

Attached Files:

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

OP car looks good but tint belongs on a limo IMO :(....with a good ceramic tint ..u can get by with a 35...did u just want a black out look ?

3. Thomas Edison

Thomas Edison Active Member

IMG_5517.GIF

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  4. Kotoko

Kotoko Member

Is 5% legal?

• Funny x 1
  5. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

....on a limo :oops:

6. trunkmonkey

trunkmonkey Member

What are you doing hanging out around all those kids with a car nobody can see in?

• Funny x 2
  7. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

...whoaaa good catch ...:eek:

8. dano9258

dano9258 Member

Hahaha...actually I was going to McDonald's with my kids and parked way out so nobody dings my doors. But very funny!

• Funny x 1
  9. dano9258

dano9258 Member

It's legal on windows other than the front. But with the light that comes in from the roof and windshield, it really ends up being prolly more like 10-15% in my opinion.

• Like x 1
  10. JGard

JGard Member

It is here in Texas. I've had 5% on some of my previous cars, but just on the back 3 windows. The front-side window limits are 35% afaik. I plan on doing the 5% rear 35% front on this car as well. The biggest drawback I found with the 5% rear window as reversing at night, but that's where rear-view cameras help a lot