Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 week old 2019 Model X with a spontaneous rear control arm failure (or broken frame?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 Performance Model X with 2.2k miles and no accidents or collisions with curbs or anything else.

1-2 seconds after accelerating from a red light, the left rear tire was grinding in the well and immediately pulled over to find it at a 30 degree angle with the control arm visibly dangling underneath.

I am still awaiting the car to be lifted at the Tesla service center 10 days later for accurate diagnosis. I know of control arm issues but the tech who inspected the car briefly in the parking lot wondered if the aluminum frame is broken after a 6" bolt fell from the car while he reached underneath.

There is zero damage to the wheel or undercarriage so I can't believe they will try to suggest this is somehow my fault or not under warranty.

I feel I was sold a defective vehicle and ask if anyone has had similar experience or advice in making sure I get a replacement vehicle, not some Frankenstein rebuild of what should be my brand new Model X.
20191019_173640.jpg
20191019_173640.jpg
20191019_173650.jpg

I feel I was sold a defective vehicle and ask if anyone has had similar experience or advice in making sure I get a replacement vehicle, not some Frankenstein rebuild of what should be my brand new Model X.

I will be interested to see what they determine the actual issue was. But they don't owe you a new vehicle, they just have to repair it.

The repair probably won't be that big of a deal.