Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im keeping my res but im sure all the cultists here will claim im the asshole💀🤣😂🤣😂
I'm keeping mine as well. Still trying to figure out the efficiencies or the lack thereof with the VTH. My other threads on the subject know that I definitely have a need for that. So I'm looking at the availability of the power to that. Is it limited? Is it capped? What is the actual price of the available power per kilowatt hour vs. buying more batteries for an off grid setup.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
ok.. let me loft one up and have people criticize my cybertruck order.

I'm getting the shortest range version for $10k. Lets hear the criticism everyone.

It can't even pull a toothpick. BUT ITS MINE.

cyber.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
After sleeping on it last night I've come to realize Tesla threw the towing crowd under the bus. They must have figured it wasn't profitable enough to build the truck with all the batteries needed for towing, so they didn't. The range extender is just a half-baked attempt to make it seem like they care about towing.

After sleeping on it last night I've come to realize Tesla threw the towing crowd under the bus. They must have figured it wasn't profitable enough to build the truck with all the batteries needed for towing, so they didn't. The range extender is just a half-baked attempt to make it seem like they care about towing.
Agreed - clearly they took a look at the recent studies that show how little most 150/1500 series owners actually tow/haul - and made a strategic decision not to offer a CT with a larger long range battery pack option - hence the range extender as a compromise solution - which also means if you want to carry a spare - as is often the case when towing/hauling and when off-roading - you're basically using the entire pickup bed for the range extender and a larger LT/AT wheel/tire as a spare.

Agreed - clearly they took a look at the recent studies that show how little most 150/1500 series owners actually tow/haul - and made a strategic decision not to offer a CT with a larger long range battery pack option - hence the range extender as a compromise solution - which also means if you want to carry a spare - as is often the case when towing/hauling and when off-roading - you're basically using the entire pickup bed for the range extender and a larger LT/AT wheel/tire as a spare.
A real “winner,” there…