Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
practically or data wise over 90% of the drive is commute and pick truck owners/drivers are part of it. Tesla with Superchargers all over where is your hyperbolic question is coming from? Take a deep breath & don't let the turkey bones choke you!
That is a ridiculous talking point to potential buyers who buy larger fuel tanks specifically for towing, buy tow packages to tow more weight, etc.

The 500+ mile range was the 2nd (some have it first) most desirable aspect on the release date.

500 miles turns into 200-250 while towing or less...add in the fact that most super chargers would require people to unhook a trailer, it's even more important. The towing distance is the most criticized aspect of the F150L.

who actually thinks the car is gonna have 500 mile range?

Highly doubtful.
Between ~350 miles being adequate for the first wave (first year?) of status-car buyers, and Tesla's ongoing problems producing 4680 batteries in adequate volume, the battery capacity will be constrained.
Should grow in the future, but so will the vehicle price.

Here is a very optimistic take on Tesla's latest 4680 production progress, still only adding up to maybe 600 vehicles per week rate:

practically or data wise over 90% of the drive is commute and pick truck owners/drivers are part of it.

That's only relevant for "look at me" status-car buyers.
For working trucks that carry or tow significant loads, range is everything.

Tesla with Superchargers all over where is your hyperbolic question is coming from? Take a deep breath & don't let the turkey bones choke you!

Read above, and the same to you!

Here we go ... another "Debbie Downer" thread ... wow ... you guys aren't changing anyone's minds ... who's paying you?

Who is paying you to be a Musk suck-up all the time?
Or just another pump-and-dump TSLA stock fraudster?

Cheers!

The same people that think they can get a dual motor version for only 49,900. That's a good one too. :)

Design Your Cybertruck | Tesla

There is a reason that the specs are no longer listed on the Tesla web site. Good thing some people saved them so that we can compare to actual numbers some day. It will be good for a laugh and not much else.

Tesla Cybertruck - Wikipedia

practically or data wise over 90% of the drive is commute and pick truck owners/drivers are part of it. Tesla with Superchargers all over where is your hyperbolic question is coming from? Take a deep breath & don't let the turkey bones choke you!
I still want range. In 2012, I didn't buy a Nissan Leaf, but instead, I purchased Tesla because of the range.

I now bought Lucid with a 516-mile range EV, and I drove 396.6 miles before I stopped at a charging station, and I still have 11% or 60 miles left.

Even 516 doesn't give me 516. It means I could drive 396.6+60= 456.6 miles only instead. That's almost 60 miles less!

Thus, even with a 500-mile Cybertruck. It's not actually 500 even when it's listed so.

2kvKO4S.jpg

The problem with Tesla and Ford is instead of advertising their trucks as Sports trucks they tried to advertise them as something they are not...... Work/Off-Road/Towing Trucks.

Range would not have been an issue in these cases and 300 miles would have been understandable. I suppose Tesla could still pivot and deliver these as Sports trucks with capability.

I was looking for more range. Roadster would be rated for 600+ miles but start at a quarter of a million dollars.

Instead, I reserved the Cybertruck because, for $69,900.00, it would have a range of 500 miles. It's a step down from Roadster but a good compromise.

my position is, if we say things that "the media" will rip apart.... like expecting the cybertruck to have 500 miles or even 400.. and having the real numbers come out to maybe 320-350 ... everyone that rips on Tesla will use this against us... so maybe the YouTubers should stop expecting the impossible so general consumers have more realistic expectations?

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev and Nack
LOL and how are you helping the mission exactly? how is making stuff up about something and having it not actually be that healthy in any way?
Making what up? We don't know the range or all the specs. Now even that marketing poster may be fake. There's a lot of folks playing the "Jumping to Conclusions(tm)" game.

... and, there's absolutely a few small armchair warriors with pointless empty lives that just hate Telsa and want to tear down anything they can to feel like they have power ... or possibly on somebody's payroll ...

How about some positive uplifting posts instead of the constant whining and complaining?

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of readers knew that the features of the concept truck weren't going to make it to production, it's naive to think that every lofty goal would translate into an affordable production vehicle.

feelings != facts