Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My prediction.....by the end of the year the Model 3 Ludicrous will be a surprise hit and a real cash cow...and in two years Tesla will emulate this in Europe with the Model 2 Ludicrous
yes
i've pointed out that we dont want the M2 right now, it would be too early
the masses in the USA have not pivoted from ICEv and those that are moving are going mostly to hybrids, living that falsehood
my family is proud to be in pure BEVs, environmental alarms seen daily, earth's temp rising
btw, terrible 2024 hurricane predication and with the gulf stream weakening and South Carolina to Mexico region turning into a non moving bathtub, hurricanes can come front Africa into that area and sit, not move up the coast as the north moving gulf stream is weakening
these can be CAT5s with terrible destruction

how does this not motivate you to move from ICEv to PURE!! BEVs...terrible,

Very few people want to drive a compact sedan over a SUV. Only way it will be a hit is if it's cheap.
agree, last year we purchased 2x M3RWDs based on price totally, beyond our green passions, and if the MY was at a similar price at that time, which it was not, we would have done that
love the M3, but the extra space of the MY for the same cost would be compelling

Reactions: Cheburashka
yes
i've pointed out that we dont want the M2 right now, it would be too early
the masses in the USA have not pivoted from ICEv and those that are moving are going mostly to hybrids, living that falsehood
my family is proud to be in pure BEVs, environmental alarms seen daily, earth's temp rising
btw, terrible 2024 hurricane predication and with the gulf stream weakening and South Carolina to Mexico region turning into a non moving bathtub, hurricanes can come front Africa into that area and sit, not move up the coast as the north moving gulf stream is weakening
these can be CAT5s with terrible destruction

how does this not motivate you to move from ICEv to PURE!! BEVs...terrible,

I think the M2 got scrapped already.

fire sale
Ford just announced pushing back on EV vehicle plans, they are clearly back on their heals
we dont want the worst for USA manufactures, but as Elon and everyone has stated, 2024 will be a challenging year
great that Tesla is taking 2024 time with increased advertising, M2 dev activity behind the scenes, cybertruck prod ramping, Mex slowly starting and now India
feel the plan is for big activity of increased market share in 2025 and hopefully this hybrid fixation will be cured with the arrival of a cheap M2, refreshed MY, CT prod full swing, SFSD v15 globally...
the future looks bright

Sigh, you realize Ford doesn’t depend on EV’s to survive?

You really think the Tesla future is bright? Unless Gas Prices go through the roof EV sales are going to go stagnant.

Ford is going to be alright with or without EV’s until we go full on EV.

BTW, California is starting to cut back on incentives so owner will see where the real EV market is at.

I found a 2022 extend range Platinum Lightning with 4500 miles for $65K is that a good deal? Also found an extended range Lariat Lightning 2023 with 5500 miles for $63K and a CPO 2022 Platinum for $56k with 3K miles... that one is the cheapest Platinum I could find. With $4K tax incentive it's getting close to my target price of $50K. I might pay that for a Ford with 300 miles of range.
What $4k tax incentive are you referring to? If you're referring to the IRA used EV tax credit - the maximum MSRP for a used BEV for this incentive is $25k - so that's not going to apply...

Reactions: Cheburashka
Remember the old days it was us and Tesla alone as pioneers
Remember Elon asked Toyota and Mercedes if they wanted to partner and they told him to fly a kite

Now until maybe mid 2024 we might be alone again

Legacy is short signed and the USA people are complacent as the EU people unknowingly watched their vehicle manuf industry die USA will experience the same
(Maybe GM has a clue)

Don’t forget the Chinese are coming for the juggler of legacy USA veh manuf and UAW
Legacy is slowing their mastering EV design to their own detriment
Tesla will keep evolving and staying in front as China copies

Yes rhe future looks bright for Tesla!!

• Funny
Reactions: Suns_PSD
Remember the old days it was us and Tesla alone as pioneers
Remember Elon asked Toyota and Mercedes if they wanted to partner and they told him to fly a kite

Now until maybe mid 2024 we might be alone again

Legacy is short signed and the USA people are complacent as the EU people unknowingly watched their vehicle manuf industry die USA will experience the same
(Maybe GM has a clue)

Don’t forget the Chinese are coming for the juggler of legacy USA veh manuf and UAW
Legacy is slowing their mastering EV design to their own detriment
Tesla will keep evolving and staying in front as China copies

Yes the future looks bright for Tesla!!
I think the biggest problem ICE manufacturers have is their dealer model. The dealer can’t sell EVs (too complicated to explain) and dealerships are likely to earn less on-going revenue from EVs.

Dealerships have benefited from outrageous manufacturer marketing budgets (GM spent $1,400 per car sold in 2022). They don’t know how or want to know how to create a market.

Not surprising many ICE manufacturers are failing.

I think the biggest problem ICE manufacturers have is their dealer model. The dealer can’t sell EVs (too complicated to explain) and dealerships are likely to earn less on-going revenue from EVs.

Dealerships have benefited from outrageous manufacturer marketing budgets (GM spent $1,400 per car sold in 2022). They don’t know how or want to know how to create a market.

Great point I failed to detail - :)
The direct sales model Tesla has was and is a fantastic customer experience three times
Is for my local center are truly friends
No distrust at all

My relationship with legacy dealers was always contentious, no trust
Terrible

Reactions: doghousePVD

Which ICE manufacturers are failing?

Rivian is losing large amounts of money and has yet to be profitable. Fisker is on the edge of bankruptcy. There are several smaller startups which are done. I don't see ANY ICE manufacturers in the same condition.

Which ICE manufacturers are failing?

Rivian is losing large amounts of money and has yet to be profitable. Fisker is on the edge of bankruptcy. There are several smaller startups which are done. I don't see ANY ICE manufacturers in the same condition.
Many ICE manufacturers are failing to sell EVs. They are coasting on their history, and not advancing. There used to be a lot of horse carriage makers, … until there weren’t.

Reactions: tradosaurus
Overall total USA vehicle sales is down for the last eight years
Fact

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpeg
    IMG_0114.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 7
Many ICE manufacturers are failing to sell EVs. They are coasting on their history, and not advancing. There used to be a lot of horse carriage makers, … until there weren’t.
Every major manufacturer has some level of electrification, hybrids, EREVs, and full EVs, and have been making those investments for a very long time. Everyone is offering products that fill at least one of those product types. Whether a consumer wants that or not not, based on their household needs, is up to the consumer. That doesn't make the manufacturers "failing". This is big marketplace and people are free to choose which technology is best for their needs and budget.
Unless of course, elected representatives meddle in your personal household decisions, and destroy those profitable businesses.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
Canoo is really hurting. They spent just as much money on the CEOs Jet maintenance as they took in on revenue.

Agree start up EVs are hurting
Will only be kept alive with investors

Legacy is on short run success with ICEv and hybrids
Except for maybe GM, VW slowly mastering their EV tech

Tesla should be able to hang in the as they are a multifaceted, multi solution provider with vehicles, software, bots, energy, etc
Def unlike all except maybe the Hynduia Group with Boston Robotics

But again, China is rhe monster being able to sell at approx 1/2 rhe sale price of. Hybrid or EV vs legacy

Unprecedented times

Looks like a good month to buy a Y

Failing? ICE manufactures are for the most part doing better than ever. Have you seen what people are paying for cars these days. It’s hard to buy much under $35k. Average price paid for an F150 is over $50,000. That’s the number one vehicle sold in the US.

Some small dealers are failing, but the manufacturers and the industry is a whole are doing great.

The death of Legacy Automakers has been predicted ever since the Model 3 came out.

It’s hilarious really.

When you see cars on the lot, those cars have already been sold by Ford to the dealers. It becomes the dealers problem. When dealers stop ordering from Ford then that’s when they step in and offer incentives.

Those EV’s on the lot? Yeah, Fords already cashed in on them and they will be sold, one way or another.

The death of Legacy Automakers has been predicted ever since the Model 3 came out.

It’s hilarious really.

When you see cars on the lot, those cars have already been sold by Ford to the dealers. It becomes the dealers problem. When dealers stop ordering from Ford then that’s when they step in and offer incentives.

Those EV’s on the lot? Yeah, Fords already cashed in on them and they will be sold, one way or another.
If anything kills them in the relatively near future, it won’t be Tesla. It will be the Chinese.