Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If anything kills them in the relatively near future, it won’t be Tesla. It will be the Chinese.

I’m sorry, but no one is buying Chinese and before you bring up SK and Japan.

Japan had performance models everyone wanted, they made good looking cars. SK had to offer significant warranty and step up their game but time.

Chinese cars will go the way of Fisker, especially when they start coming from Mexico.

Japan had performance models everyone wanted, they made good looking cars. SK had to offer significant warranty and step up their game but time.

Chinese cars will go the way of Fisker, especially when they start coming from Mexico.
Can you imagine reading the Chinese/Mexican version of the Vehicle Owners Manuel?

If anything kills them in the relatively near future, it won’t be Tesla. It will be the Chinese.
Exactly my point, instead of legacy perfecting low cost manuf, battery tech, efficiency, robotics
They are wasting time being experts at hybrids which is not long term
The Chinese have copied and are copying Tesla to perfect their long term
Tesla will be fine
Subaru, Ford, Toyota will suffer
GM, VW, BMW, Porsche , Stellantis will shrink
The Chinese will prosper
We will all be able to buy cheap vehicles again

Reactions: HitchHiker71

That is what people said about bikes 20 years ago and most electronics 30 years ago.

That is what people said about bikes 20 years ago and most electronics 30 years ago.

So I just said Japan and SK, you decided to bring another industry to try and prove a point 🤣🤣🤣

China is known for knock off cheap crap. They are going to have to work hard and pay social media stars good money. Again, they are coming into an EV market that Tesla dominates. It’s not going to happen.

Looks like a good month to buy a Y

What does this have to do with the CT?

I found a 2022 extend range Platinum Lightning with 4500 miles for $65K is that a good deal? Also found an extended range Lariat Lightning 2023 with 5500 miles for $63K and a CPO 2022 Platinum for $56k with 3K miles... that one is the cheapest Platinum I could find. With $4K tax incentive it's getting close to my target price of $50K. I might pay that for a Ford with 300 miles of range.
Not too bad. I would try to get the dealer down to $50K range for NEW upper trim Lightnings.

You are joking right? Sandy M has discussed this extensively. He predicts it will be like when the Japanese came to US markets years ago. Their cars are good, better than the crap coming from Volkswagen, Stellantis and all US manufacturers except Tesla. They are not anything like Fisker. They have tons of sales in Europe as well as the Asian markets.

You are joking right? Sandy M has discussed this extensively. He predicts it will be like when the Japanese came to US markets years ago. Their cars are good, better than the crap coming from Volkswagen, Stellantis and all US manufacturers except Tesla. They are not anything like Fisker. They have tons of sales in Europe as well as the Asian markets.

No, I’m not joking. No one is buying those Chinese Imitations for a very long time. I just said don’t bring up Japanese or SK cars. Sandy M is compromised and take what he says with a grain of salt. Who knows how many Chinese companies are lining his pockets.

“Crap” from Volkswagen lmao…. Porsche is crap? Golf R is crap? ID4 Buzz is crap? Get a clue.

“Except Tesla”, yeah you leave out the lemon Cybertruck, and defective Model X.

The legacies are producing desirable cars, just not everyday commuter desirable cars. But yeah, the Chinese autos are going to take over 🤣🤣🤣

Hyundai is still trying to break into the Sport Compact scene and no one is buying into their N line…

My prediction.....by the end of the year the Model 3 Ludicrous will be a surprise hit and a real cash cow...and in two years Tesla will emulate this in Europe with the Model 2 Ludicrous
I would buy one of those or a Y, without the stupid huge boat anchor wheels, that's really the only thing that held me back from buying one this past weekend are those wheels, that add no value (less range, worse rider, more expense)...

Reactions: tradosaurus
Is it universally bad or more “anecdotally” bad?
It's BAD, and getting worse.
Appointment went times have been creeping up north of 3-4 weeks for the last few years. Tesla is simply not expanding SC footprint fast enough to keep up with the number of cars on the road. If you need something minor, a Ranger may be of service (if available in your area). If it's something major, you need to own a 2nd car. Full stop.

On top of that, random warranty claim rejections pop up all the times. Decision is upto local Tesla employees, who are incentivized to keep insurance repairs costs down. The only form of appeal is through the legal system.

Fun times.