Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50k miles on brake pads?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 with 50k miles. My pads are down to the backing plate at this point. I drive mostly on fsd and autopilot. Are you guys seeing the same wear rate?

Attachments

• 76F0B97F-BA4D-4473-8701-EDF081D5821A.jpeg
    76F0B97F-BA4D-4473-8701-EDF081D5821A.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 116
  • E57E2D8B-60C3-437C-A133-AD4234FF834C.jpeg
    E57E2D8B-60C3-437C-A133-AD4234FF834C.jpeg
    326.1 KB · Views: 61
I have over 66,000 miles on mine and not a problem. Last inspection they were still good. I also drive 90% on autopilot and FSD, but I disengage it a lot in stop and go traffic. That's because the older models use the brakes more than regen because of the difference in the motors in the later models. I also disengage well before a light or stop sign to maximize regen and less use of the brakes. I know it is great in stop and go traffic, but I try to not use the brakes very much at all. I am a chill driver as well.

I have a 2019 with 50k miles. My pads are down to the backing plate at this point. I drive mostly on fsd and autopilot. Are you guys seeing the same wear rate?
Consistent on both sides? I had some premature wear and had to replace the front rotors and pads at 65K. I'm in rougher climate tho and I think I screwed up by not getting them cleaned and lubed every couple years (or less). They were not sliding on the pins so were riding the pads extra. I watched the guy fix them in my garage.

on topic of brakes,
recently after a software update, e morning before goin out of my garage the brake pads seem to be stuck? as i back out garage a popping sound is present now but not before the update,
before if i put in neutral the car would roll out np, now it does not roll out and push on accelerator will pop brake pads? then roll happens...

The ones that don't have one pedal stop use the brakes a lot harder in my experience. And brakes designed for Model S are a bit underbuilt for X which has a much bigger wheel/tire setup, carries more weight around, pitches and dives more thanks to ride height, etc.

Last edited: