Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

56mm bore on M3P?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello
have an opportunity to buy some nice forged 18x9.5 wheels for a low price (under 2k wheel/tire combo) but the wheel bore size is 56mm. I currently have Konigs with a hub centric ring from 73(ish) to 64.1mm

is it possible to do something like this in reverse? like can the 56mm on wheel diameter be drilled out? is it safe to do so? assuming it's possible, would I want to drill it out to 64.1, or something larger (maybe drill it all the way out to the konig size of ~73mm since I already have the hub centric adapter for it)?

^^I'm not planning on DIY, if this is even possible to do I would take it to a shop... so any recommendations for a quality shop that can do this correctly would also be helpful!

I’d expect a shop would probably charge you an easy $500 or more to do this properly, mostly because it would take a relatively large machine to bore the center out, not because it’s technically difficult.

I can’t say I wouldn’t just break out the die grinder, but that also isn’t the right answer 😅 .

I’d expect a shop would probably charge you an easy $500 or more to do this properly, mostly because it would take a relatively large machine to bore the center out, not because it’s technically difficult.

I can’t say I wouldn’t just break out the die grinder, but that also isn’t the right answer 😅 .

lol yea not a fan of the die grinder idea 😂

500 + is not really worth the hassle, I was hoping it would be cheap quick job for like 100-150!

Guess I'll just stick to my konig and uberturb combo for now. Thanks for replying :)

What’s the offset on the wheels? You could run a 4-5mm spacer and the centerbore won’t matter. Just an option but make sure you have 7-8 turns on the lug nuts to be safe.
Unfortunately, even 64mm part of the hub is still a good 15mm past the rotor hat. He would need thicker, studded spacers (or thicker spacers and longer hubs).

IMG_0423.jpeg

Reactions: DOOLMTR
yea I started looking at alternate options. i'm just having a hard time looking at the plethora of forum posts about wheel sizes and such for what fits and what doesn't since so many people have used lowering springs or some other mod.

you guys know of an easy to navigate resource where official maximum/minimum wheel and tire sizes are posted (for factory M3P setup. no other mods)??

I'm considering 18x9.5 (+35 offset) up front, with 275/35 tires, and 18x10 (+20 offset) in the rear, with 285/35 tires. but how do I know these would fit without trial and error?