Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5Hrs Order to Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All, New member to the Tesla family with the addition of a LR MY. That’s right you read the header correct!

I placed my order today Jan 4th at 10am and had my car in my hands by 3pm. This may be the fastest order to delivery of a Tesla. My car was in flawless condition with only 10miles on it produced at 12pm on Dec 29th.

I have owned and ordered many cars in my life time and I have to say Tesla has something special with the whole process. I would buy Teslas only just for the process alone not to mention the amazing cars.

Just my 2 cents

Hi All, New member to the Tesla family with the addition of a LR MY. That’s right you read the header correct!

I placed my order today Jan 4th at 10am and had my car in my hands by 3pm. This may be the fastest order to delivery of a Tesla. My car was in flawless condition with only 10miles on it produced at 12pm on Dec 29th.

I have owned and ordered many cars in my life time and I have to say Tesla has something special with the whole process. I would buy Teslas only just for the process alone not to mention the amazing cars.

Just my 2 cents

Pics or it didn’t happen :)

See attached

Attachments

• BFC4DE40-1755-4A28-AA43-08578AF307F2.jpeg
    BFC4DE40-1755-4A28-AA43-08578AF307F2.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 140
No heated steering wheel, door trims, console, lights,battery...

@LV1972 in fairness, there is no report of any of these things showing up yet on any US/Canadian MYs produced to date. So it's not lacking those things on account of being "left over", it's just because they aren't available yet.

Leftovers from 2020.

No heated steering wheel, door trims, console, lights,battery...

You are getting car that someone refused or someone just decided to wait for things above.
Literally nobody has any of those things yet, except maybe the updated headlights. Also, Dec 29 build date means it's a 2021 model.

OP ordered a white/black LR, it's a super popular build and very likely it was in inventory. Trying to harsh his buzz is totally unnecessary.

In summary, you sound bitter.

Wow! Congrats and welcome to the Tesla family.

Just my 2 cents

You missed out on the anguishing wait... part of the Tesla experience. Congratulations on the car.

On this forum I saw a post in early Dec. about a field full of blue Tesla MY's near the factory. I then, a day or two later, noticed that the price of the Blue paint job on the MY was down to $1.000. I figured they had a surplus and two weeks later I was sporting out of the delivery center in my new MY.
A perfect car in every way. Not the slightest blemish to complain about and a real pleasure to drive.
I bought with a cashiers check. They checked over my trade in, accepted it, and the whole delivery took about half an hour.
I only wish I had known a couple of years ago what it was like to drive the car. In my heart of hearts I could not help but believe that it was really just a golf cart with nice upholstery. This is a serious car that is a pleasure to drive and to own. Just one example - be careful when you enter a destination using the voice command. If someone else in the car is talking it will pick up every word PERFECTLY. Also you can enter a destination like NAVIGATE TO THE GERMAN RESTAURANT and it will find all of the restaurants in the area that serve German food.
A week into my ownership we took a 500 mile up and back road trip. Once again all of my expectations were met and exceeded.
A good end to a really crappy 2020.

You can feel their desperation trying to slow-down Tesla. We should expect a lot more FUD from the trolls.

The short burn of the century is still on-going. $38B lost last year. TSLA is still going higher this year so the bleeding continues and panic accelerates.

Man, nothing beats meeting a great soul that helps enjoy your day. Is that you L Lopez?

No heated steering wheel Not an issue I live in Newport beach
door trims Not Confirmed
console, Don't Care Not Confirmed
lights Update on mine
battery... I have the 82kwh battery, check on usage and charge from empty.

The car is listed as a 21 on all documentation.

Things I care about:
  • Car was flawless and better than the last M3 and X5 I had at delivery. Almost = to my 911
  • Not having to deal with people at a Dealer
  • Dimming side mirrors
  • Laminated glass
  • Increased battery capacity
  • Having the car NOW vs waiting for who knows when!
Thanks to everyone on the positive comments.

The delivery center was actually shocked at how fast the process happened.