Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6,000 New VINs, Rumoured 100% AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, that news was posted about 9 hours earlier than this on Reddit, and that post has 132 comments and 468 upvotes. Huge news.

The same news here has 100 views and zero comments (other than this one I guess). So, not to be a jerk, but I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of this forum vs /r/teslamotors...

• Helpful
Reactions: xav-
I saw the post elsewhere and I don’t get it. I thought you could tell by the VINs if they were AWD. What does ‘rumored’ mean? Don’t we still have digits in the VIN that tell us stuff? :D And I guess I can say the same about P also, but perhaps that’s not been determined?

So, that news was posted about 9 hours earlier than this on Reddit, and that post has 132 comments and 468 upvotes. Huge news.

The same news here has 100 views and zero comments (other than this one I guess). So, not to be a jerk, but I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of this forum vs /r/teslamotors...

This is also about the 10th post that has this information today, so...

I saw the post elsewhere and I don’t get it. I thought you could tell by the VINs if they were AWD. What does ‘rumored’ mean? Don’t we still have digits in the VIN that tell us stuff? :D And I guess I can say the same about P also, but perhaps that’s not been determined?
You can tell. I'm guessing it means the author didn't feel like entering 6000 VINs to see which ones were AWD and which ones aren't. They just enter random ones and see what ones come up valid. They use that to estimate the number of VINs registered.