TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

6,000 New VINs, Rumoured 100% AWD

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by the_danimal, Jul 11, 2018.

1. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

Article.

Are we positive they’re all Performance? Hoping some are AWD only variant.

2. SteveTack

SteveTack Member

So, that news was posted about 9 hours earlier than this on Reddit, and that post has 132 comments and 468 upvotes. Huge news.

The same news here has 100 views and zero comments (other than this one I guess). So, not to be a jerk, but I'm starting to doubt the usefulness of this forum vs /r/teslamotors...

• Helpful x 1
  3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I saw the post elsewhere and I don’t get it. I thought you could tell by the VINs if they were AWD. What does ‘rumored’ mean? Don’t we still have digits in the VIN that tell us stuff? :D And I guess I can say the same about P also, but perhaps that’s not been determined?

4. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

This is also about the 10th post that has this information today, so...

• Like x 3
  5. Ejl80

Ejl80 Supporting Member

You can tell. I'm guessing it means the author didn't feel like entering 6000 VINs to see which ones were AWD and which ones aren't. They just enter random ones and see what ones come up valid. They use that to estimate the number of VINs registered.