Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6 seater middle row button functionality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi -

In my 6 seater X the two middle chairs require me to hold the button the whole time the seat is going forward for 3rd row access (easy access feature). I’ve seen in a video that people can do it just by pushing the button once. I have a car seat installed but the video I saw had a car seat too. Any thoughts?

hi -

In my 6 seater X the two middle chairs require me to hold the button the whole time the seat is going forward for 3rd row access (easy access feature). I’ve seen in a video that people can do it just by pushing the button once. I have a car seat installed but the video I saw had a car seat too. Any thoughts?

Make sure Easy Entry is enabled

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Yes, easy entry does the trick. We are able to single press (not hold) the button and the seat moves up even with front facing car seat in place.

I think I figured it out. If you car seat is installed via latch the seat will move with one press. If it is installed via the seat belt you have to hold the button.

Can you confirm that your car seat is installed via latch and not the seatbelt?

I can never get a really secure install with latch so I prefer the seatbelt with the britax clicktight system.

I think I figured it out. If you car seat is installed via latch the seat will move with one press. If it is installed via the seat belt you have to hold the button.

Can you confirm that your car seat is installed via latch and not the seatbelt?

I can never get a really secure install with latch so I prefer the seatbelt with the britax clicktight system.

Yep. We use LATCH. I guess with seatbelt the car can’t tell if it’s a car seat or person so it makes sense to err on the side of caution and not try to squish a possible passenger.

@wehearttessla my kids have outgrown car seats but we used to use LATCH in the model S and one of the tips for installing the seats with LATCH is to hook up the connectors, and tighten as you normally would. THEN climb onto the seat and with your full weight, press your knee into the back/seat crease as hard as you can. then, pull more slack from the LATCH ties UPWARDS towards the roof of the car, not towards your own body.

you will be amazed how much slack you can remove and the seat is extremely tight with LATCH that way. i was like you and always preferred seat belts for the lockoff feature. but once i figured out this trick, the LATCH feels tighter and more secure than seatbelt-fastened car seats.

@wehearttessla my kids have outgrown car seats but we used to use LATCH in the model S and one of the tips for installing the seats with LATCH is to hook up the connectors, and tighten as you normally would. THEN climb onto the seat and with your full weight, press your knee into the back/seat crease as hard as you can. then, pull more slack from the LATCH ties UPWARDS towards the roof of the car, not towards your own body.

you will be amazed how much slack you can remove and the seat is extremely tight with LATCH that way. i was like you and always preferred seat belts for the lockoff feature. but once i figured out this trick, the LATCH feels tighter and more secure than seatbelt-fastened car seats.
Thanks so much! I’m gonna try this!

Thanks so much! I’m gonna try this!
good luck! forgot to clarify in the last step that you should pull on the LATCH ties upwards WHILE still kneeling into the carseat! that'll get you the maximum slack removal. kind of an awkward motion but it works.

btw, the carseat will look extremely tight like it's crushing your seat. we did use seat protectors for the 18 months they were installed (which is the subject of debate with the ultra white seats), and when i finally removed the carseats, the headreast and cushion looked pretty smooshed. but eventually the seat smoothed out on its own over a week or two.

Reactions: wehearttessla