Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

670 Credit score and 50k for Model 3 RWD.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your example does not account for cost of living. For example, cost of living in greater Los Angeles is probably double what it is in Louisiana.

$500,000 buys a so-so condo in LA and probably not even in a great neighborhood. $500K buys a 4,000 square foot mansion on an acre of land in Baton Rouge.

If OP is paying $1500-$2000 a month just for rent and utilities then suddenly his purchase looks a lot more foolish. Maybe though he has a great love of eating ramen noodles.

Anyways, people can do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't lean on me for "help" while doing it. I personally think it's insanity to spend 2/3 of a year's pre-tax income on a new car purchase, but that's the OPs choice to make.

Forgot to mention. My 70000 a year income is after taxes! So its around 100k actually

• Love
Reactions: systemBuilder
Wow, in my head anyone that makes over 120k (not in sf Bay, NYC, etc area obviously) before tax can easily afford a model 3 and even a basic model s... I am in Canada Montréal where cost of life is fairly low and all the folks I know that drives model S makes in the 90-150k range. They have monthly payments of 1.1k-1.4k. Which is quite reasonable.