Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat floor mats for cars built after 8/22/2017?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the Tesla online store, they offer 2 different sets of 7-seat floor mats, One for for cars built 10/17/16 or earlier, and one for cars built 10/18/16 through 8/22/17. I'm pretty sure my car may have been built after that (not even sure how to tell -- I ordered a 7 seat inventory car over the weekend. It is AP 2.5, and quite new.)

Anyway, did something change on 8/22/17? All the other newer date ranges for other mats are "..and newer.." and don't have a cut off. I thought the big change was going from individual pedestal seats to a fold-flat bench, and that change happened quite a while ago. (maybe the 10/18/16 date..)

The seven seater folddown was this summer (2017), not last year. And we have no idea what's up with the mats. :D The assumption is that it takes forever for WeatherTech to create the forms for the new design, etc. I think that date is wrong, and it should be something in July, as I know I saw a seven seat folddown car in the Tysons showroom before I ordered, and that was early August. So, they could be a month off, perhaps?

Edit: I also wrote the accessories/online store team about this a month ago, and got no response.

Last edited:
Ah, that explains it. So there basically is no 2nd row mat solution for our cars?

I have an 11 year old, and don't really want his grimy feet hitting the carpets. I was hoping to install mats as soon as the car is delivered. I guess I just have to get something cheap locally and go nuts on it with a box-cutter to make it fit.

I think I saw the same car in Sept. We drove up to Tysons before ordering ours, after we test-drove a 6 seater here in Richmond. Richmond has very little inventory.

Ah, that explains it. So there basically is no 2nd row mat solution for our cars?

I have an 11 year old, and don't really want his grimy feet hitting the carpets. I was hoping to install mats as soon as the car is delivered. I guess I just have to get something cheap locally and go nuts on it with a box-cutter to make it fit.

I think I saw the same car in Sept. We drove up to Tysons before ordering ours, after we test-drove a 6 seater here in Richmond. Richmond has very little inventory.
Yep, as far as I know the only thing available right now from Tesla is the front row and the frunk. Frunk just came back into stock.

I have one of the canine mats for the back area if I need to carry some large cargo, but nothing for the new seven seater fold down adjustable second row. There may be a third party one but not even sure of that since this model is so new.

They may have one for the back area but they are usually sets.

Tesla Model X 7 seater built 8/23/17 and after all-weather floor mat for 2nd/3rd row is now AVAILABLE on the Tesla website. I just ordered my mats.

Model X All Weather Interior Mats

upload_2018-6-17_17-47-6.png

Tesla Model X 7 seater built 8/23/17 and after all-weather floor mat for 2nd/3rd row is now AVAILABLE on the Tesla website. I just ordered my mats.

Model X All Weather Interior Mats

View attachment 310623
About time, thanks for the update! We seldom use the back rows but still useful to stop things from sliding around on the flat floor. I guess the cost of the third row is so low they don’t want to break it out.

Reactions: KalopaDad
Received the new mats on Friday (6/22) and they work great!

However, I can only compare them to the factory floor mats, so my opinion probably isn't the best. I will try to post some pics Saturday afternoon.

I received my a couple weeks ago too, and I found them to be rather flimsy. Certainly not as thick and rugged as the front row mats. And also a pain that they don't come with velcro or any other way to keep it attached to the floor.

I received my a couple weeks ago too, and I found them to be rather flimsy. Certainly not as thick and rugged as the front row mats. And also a pain that they don't come with velcro or any other way to keep it attached to the floor.

Just did a road trip in the new mats and, at times, we had seven people in the X. The mats held up great! We didn't have any problems with the mats moving or becoming detached.