Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 world wide next wendsday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got to wonder what this update is. Assuming the Wednesday release of 8.0 holds (which is a HUGE assumption), what could be so urgent to get a new update out to so many cars? I can only guess that it contains portions of the 8.0 software that is running in the background and providing feedback to TM.

I've got to wonder what this update is. Assuming the Wednesday release of 8.0 holds (which is a HUGE assumption), what could be so urgent to get a new update out to so many cars? I can only guess that it contains portions of the 8.0 software that is running in the background and providing feedback to TM.
Similar argument of shorts that all these cars charging we would run out of electricity. I am also afraid that we will run out of air if everyone fills their tires

The key word is "if no last minute issues discovered "
The remote fix already pushed in 7.x, aka 2.36.31 from ev-fw.com Friday Sep 17, was at least a day after that tweet. Either 2.36.31 was a fix started, tested, finished and released all in the less than 2 days after that tweet, or that tweet came out at the same time as the polish on the release of 2.36.31 was already being done, and EM had a view into when he could go forth with the fixed 8.0. This could also describe part of the "worst week in my life" comment that baffled so many of us.
Today I installed Tesla firmware version 7.1 (2.36.32) in my "classic" non-AP Model S.
2.36.32, 2.6.31, whatever.

One of the articles is pointing people to Tesla service centers to connect to their wifi & 'force' the update. This is not going to do anything for you. Also, spoke to a tech at my local service center and they said they don't even have the option to force the update from their service laptops - now whether they were told to tell customers that or no, either way they aren't going to do it for you.

It's 7:51 a.m. on 9/23 and 8.0 has been downloaded on my S w/o incident. I haven't had the time to examine it closely yet or even drive the car but strange that it wants me to sign in to Slacker. Also, looks like TuneIn has made its first appearance but it too wants me to sign in.

I HATE, HATE, HATE HATE the new media player.

It is horrible! I cant stand it. I want my old UI back. Here's my biggest complaint.. I now have a favorites row of icons at the bottom.. I can scroll through them.. AM, FM, Streaming all at the same time.. I don't like that much, but ok. Now when I click the steering wheel button to scroll from say an FM station to the next icon button which is now a streaming station, I can no longer use that same scroll button to move out of that station. I now have to use the touch screen the buttons! Why would you get to use the buttons some times to go to some stations and now be locked into those stations and forced to use touch screen to get out of those stations!?

Did i say how much I hate the new UI?! :mad::mad::mad::mad: