Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.01 Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update this morning on our Model Ss. It seemed to mostly have to do with USB functionality, however it did also update the issue with the song playing half way through and cutting off. Instead however it now restarts the song every time a door is closed and then opened (assuming all doors were closed).

I have a toddler so I am constantly in and out of the car for short trips. As a result the same song could restart 3 times before I ever 'start' the car. Ex: Open my door and the last song playing starts over again. In the driver seat ready to go, but need to get out and adjust something for my son. Close my door, and open his. The song starts over again. Fix what he needed and close his door. Open my door and the song starts over again. For really short trips (like to the bus stop) the same song might be restarted again when I leave from the bus stop, and the whole restart song adventure starts all over again. I was only using this for a short period of time this morning and it was already very annoying. Granted if we did longer trips it wouldn't be so bad. It probably should only restart the song once (like if the car had been shut off for x number of minutes), then buffer it through.

Also to note the garage door bug is still there too. That occurs when you close the garage door before 'starting' the car. Then start the car and shift into reverse and the 20ft GPS close starts counting down again and will reopen the garage door as you are pulling away.

Overall, not big bugs, but they were introduced in 8.0 and I was hopeful that they would have been fixed in this smaller update.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk