Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shuffle in Spotify for Tesla is playing the same “random” sequence every day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every day, Spotify for Tesla starts playing the same shuffled sequence of songs in a large playlist. Basically, I’m listening to the same several songs in a playlist of thousands of songs all the time. It doesn’t help to turn off and turn on Shuffle - this works only once, and then the original ‘random’ order restores next day. It doesn’t help to restart or update the car. The ‘random’ order remains the same anyway. Tesla Service is saying ‘works as expected’ on any reported software issues. Is there a workaround that we can use until the issue is fixed?

Also reported this issue to Spotify: Shuffle in Spotify for Tesla is playing the same “random” sequence every day

Tried to switch to Apple Music - and it was even worse. See Is there a workaround for Apple Music playing only the first 100 songs in the Library or a playlist when shuffled?

I feel like it's gotten worse in the past week or so. I can pick a starting track with shuffle on and it seems like it plays a few "random" songs and then it reverts back to a sequence of songs that it will always go back to. Each playlist seems to have its own fixed "random" song order. This was not always the case.