Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8,800mi Tire change needed on Friends MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
35K on my OEM Goodyear F1's and still showing 4/32 all around. Tires were rotated every 10K miles and have worn very evenly.

That said I no longer trust them in the wet or snow.. and only drive on them when its dry outside. If its raining or snowing I use my wife's car. Looking for new tires now and the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 are at the top of my list. Unfortunately, Costco is sold out in the size I want.. so waiting for them to come back in stock.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
I believe keeping tires rotated is one of the best ways to achieve maximum mileage on a set of tires…no matter what car you drive. My 2021 MY LR has had acceleration boost from the first week I owned it and I have 22,000 miles on it. As it stands now, I will most likely get over 30k miles on the OEM tires. I have rotated per the manual at every 6,250 miles.

I believe keeping tires rotated is one of the best ways to achieve maximum mileage on a set of tires…no matter what car you drive. My 2021 MY LR has had acceleration boost from the first week I owned it and I have 22,000 miles on it. As it stands now, I will most likely get over 30k miles on the OEM tires. I have rotated per the manual at every 6,250 miles.
Agreed. Rotations not only extend life by helping to wear the tread more evenly.. but they allow you to inspect the tire for damage or wear patterns. If there is a problem you catch it early and can generally 'save' the tire.. but fixing the problem early. Many people never bother to rotate until they need new tires.. and by that time they find out not only did the tire wear prematurely but the vehicle now needs alignment or other maintenance done immediately.. or the same fate will happen to the brand new tires they have now purchased.

On the other hand, I rotated my OEM Continental tires once at 19,948 miles. I'm just over 33,000 miles now with even treadwear and good tread left. Go figure.