Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

88xxx Driver's seat doesn't slide back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pianewman

2021 MYLR VIN 88,XXX, Rd/Wh, 12/20 delivery
Supporting Member
Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
88xxx, The driver's seat doesn't slide back all the way. None of our 3 drivers need the full range, but I'd like to have it working. Scheduled for a service visit Wed. 3/10

Thoughts? I've tried every workaround, disabling all 3 driver's memory settings, resetting them, no change. It actually feels like there's a blockage on the right side rail that is stopping it, but I don't see anything.

TIA.

SC tech checked everything out. The seat is working as designed.

Operator (me!) error: I have the driver's seat sitting up a bit, and forward. When I attempt to slide BACK from this raised position, it stops about 2 inches short of sliding all the way back. It will NOT go all the way back when it's in an elevated position. I have to LOWER it first, and then it will go all the way back.

Hard to explain without seeing it. If I were to draw the actual range of the seat, looking at the left side of the seat from outside the car, it's actually in the shape of a lower case "h", lying on the long part, with the legs of the "h" pointing to the front of the car.

I hope this makes sense. Pleasant experience with a young tech at the Fort Worth, TX service center.