Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90% went from 504km to 485km overnight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I charged my car to 90% and it only got to 484km instead of the usual 504km. That’s 20km less than normal.

The temperature outside is 5C, and I put on my snow tires two weeks ago.

My car is a 2021.

Thoughts?

Mariano

I’m curious as to why my car is estimating my range differently than the day before.

Mariano
Could be your battery is cold-soaked. That is, the battery is slightly frozen. When it warms up, the range is restored. Hard to decipher without actually seeing some of the displays on your car.

Here's an old example, when my car was in its first year. Range was approx. 310miles. On cold days, it could show 300miles, and on really cold days, it would show a blue snowflake and show around 280miles. Totally temporary.

Is this the case with your car? Impossible to say without actually seeing some of your displays. Generally, a 10 to 15mile range drop didn't show the blue snowflake, but a big drop would.
IMG_6424.jpeg

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

I charged my car to 90% and it only got to 484km instead of the usual 504km. That’s 20km less than normal.

The temperature outside is 5C, and I put on my snow tires two weeks ago.

My car is a 2021.

Thoughts?

Mariano
Living in Canada I can tell you it depends on the temperature outside.
The colder it gets, the more charge it takes. If you are used to charging a set amount of time you will get lower numbers.

Upvote 0