Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C Clicking Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone verify that there is an internal service bulletin that addresses this? About to make a service appointment for bubbled dash and a/c cleaning. I was going to add this to the list if it is a known problem or leave it off if it is just normal. Thanks.

Can anyone verify that there is an internal service bulletin that addresses this? About to make a service appointment for bubbled dash and a/c cleaning. I was going to add this to the list if it is a known problem or leave it off if it is just normal. Thanks.

I have this issue and it usually last for a few mins but it doesn’t happen often enough and I just had my dash replaced for 3 days
So far no clicking sound

Any charge to have AC clean?

hey spurs, thanks for the update on the bubble thread and good to know you've had no issues since replacing the dash.

interesting that replacing the dash solved your a/c clicking. i think i'm going to mention it on my service request since they have everything torn apart anyway. maybe the new dash assembly has more room for some of the plastics to expand contract. it sounds like it is coming from where the two plastic pieces of the vent meet (like previous post has pics of). I can actually press that spot to reproduce the sound while the a/c is on.

i'm not sure if they are going to charge for the ac clean procedure. I'm hoping they don't since they will have everything taken apart from the dash so there will be minimal labor to replace the filters and clean the evaporator. at the most, i would think they would only charge me for the filter and the cleaner but not sure.

i only have the vinegar smell for a short time after driving for a bit, stopping somewhere, and then going again. it doesn't happen at initial start up when i leave my house.