Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A consolidated AP/FSD/Software sub-forum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVNow

Sep 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
I suggest we have a consolidated sub-forum for AP/FSD or even all software (including AP/FSD) across S/X/3. Currently there is no one place to discuss these - esp AP/FSD. Given how important it is to Tesla as a company going forward, it would be useful to have such a sub-forum.

Currently there are software releases being discussed separately in 3, S & X. AP/FSD is discussed in Autonomous Vehicles sub-forum - but that seems to be mostly for the industry as such and not Tesla particularly. AP/FSD related topics (for eg. Summon) is also discussed in individual model forums.

We’ve been discussing this since I joined. A new name is fine but I think it’s about impossible to stop people from posting where they think their ‘home’ forum is. I look at the S forum most since that still seems to get the most eyes (or the most experienced ones lol) even though I have an X and a 3.

Unless we want to police things full time and move all ‘offending’ posts, I think this is a dead horse. Best of luck. :D

What if we changed the name of the current AV forum to include that stuff. What would you call it?
I think you may need to create a Common Software area and then have different sub-forum under that for FSD/AP, Entertainment Software etc. So, the Common Software would be at the same level as "Model S", "Model X" etc. under "Tesla".

Current AV forum is mostly about other things since it is under the Others forum (which has SpaceX, Other EVs, Boring etc i.e. non-Tesla stuff).

Last edited:
Reactions: neroden
I've previously suggested having a common forum for non-model-specific issues, which would include things like FSD/AP/Software, questions about the service centers and tesla body shops, and plenty of other discussion that isn't specific to one of the models, but doesn't fit anywhere else so is shoehorned into one of the model specific forums. I got a reasonable amount of interest and no traction on my suggestion.

Combined MX/MS/M3 forum for discussions relevant to all current production models

Thought of this again today, as I wanted to post about my experience with mobile service, but there's no good place to do so.