Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Factory Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was my Birthday last week, and my wife surprised me with a Tour of the factory. We planned a trip to SF from LA, so I called a couple weeks ago to see about booking the tour. They told me it was sold out (for months) Little did I know that my wife had called the day before and booked us, with a note that it was a surprise.
Well it worked! I was stoked last night at dinner when she told me we were going. I almost didn't believe her as I was told it was booked months in advance. (Props to Jamie at the factory for keeping his lips sealed)
The tour was WAAAY more informative and amazing that my expectations. Things were happening SO fast. I saw so much cool stuff. We saw countless X's being built, in fact OURS was in general assembly and due out in about a week!! We didn't get to see ours, because there was a "secret" happening in that area. All he could tell me is it was NOT Model 3 related. Hmm? Front Grill refresh? We were told that 1 in 3 cars are X's coming off the line!!!!
Sorry to be long winded, but if you have the chance to do it, GO! It was SO cool. Even my wife who usually could care less, was AMAZED!
The drive up in our MS was so pleasant. Superchargers abundant and vacant.
Bottom line, go go go. It was FUN!!

Reactions: Krugerrand
It has been two years since I've taken the tour. I plan to go again in another year or so, when both of my kids are big enough to come along. It was a blast two years ago, I imagine it's even better now. Thanks for sharing, and glad you had a great time.

It has been two years since I've taken the tour. I plan to go again in another year or so, when both of my kids are big enough to come along. It was a blast two years ago, I imagine it's even better now. Thanks for sharing, and glad you had a great time.
Your name sounds familiar. I think our Vin's were close on my classic S. It was a 34k vin. I remember seeing you on the tracker spreadsheet. Am I close?