Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Friends Model Y Shows "Walk Away Lock Not Active" Error While Driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He gets a popup on his screen while driving that the walk away lock is not active. Not sure how that happens or what would cause that message to pop up. I'm familiar with the camera errors if something is blocking or foul weather. Any ideas on what is causing this? I tried turning the feature off and back on again and did a soft reset. Still happens. TIA

He gets a popup on his screen while driving that the walk away lock is not active. Not sure how that happens or what would cause that message to pop up. I'm familiar with the camera errors if something is blocking or foul weather. Any ideas on what is causing this? I tried turning the feature off and back on again and did a soft reset. Still happens. TIA

That happens when you close the app while driving. I get the same error when I do that . Once I open the app, it’s fine. It’s just letting you know that it won’t lock it when you leave because you closed the app. Leave the app running in the background and you’ll be fine.