Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y steering locked up while driving [Power steering went out]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As per her, the car took over and she could not turn it.
A few more details will help us help you. What firmware version? Was FSD, EAP, Autosteer or TACC in use?
Should I wait for the report to come or should I report this to NHTSA immediately?
Only report if you have a complete picture of what happened. It seems you don't until you get a response from Tesla for data analysis.

Did the dashcam record the incident? FYI, you can manually get about 10min of dashcam video before and about a minute after you press the dashcam button on the screen.

Something doesn't add up. That impact looks massive. And the impact blasted the red car from being parked longwise on the street all the way up into that driveway!!!!!! It's hard to tell from the photo, but also possibly spun the red car around 360 degrees???
I agree. While it's definitely not right that the steering wheel locked up or whatever, that impact (both on the Tesla as well as the Toyota) doesn't look like it happened at "neighborhood speeds".

Reactions: Pianewman