Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A funny thing happened last weekend...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was leaving my mother's house after disconnecting her UVerse boxes--heading back home when at the first traffic light after her house, to my left, was a deputy from our county's Sheriff's office. He was waving me down. I had to stop and think...

"I'm fully stopped at a red light--check."
"I'm wearing my seat belt--check."
"I'm not on my phone--check."
"Maybe he wants to ask about my license plate." . o O (License plate is 1024TB - similar to 10-24 officer assistance)

I drive a 2008 Chrysler Aspen--it's a beast of an ICE vehicle. The deputy was asking me if I wanted to sell my truck. I told him that I wasn't planning on selling it for another year. I told him that I had placed a deposit down on a vehicle that hasn't been made yet and I am hoping to have it in early 2018. The traffic light changes to green and we meet at the next red light. He persists and offers his phone number. I wouldn't have even considered taking it but I had become frustrated with my vehicle--the engine light always came on, sometimes the radio would require pulling and re-inserting the fuse to get it to work, and the rear a/c blower would sometimes make a clicking noise when I turned it off.

That was on a Saturday around 12 noon.

Approximately 24 hours later, I sold my truck to him! His wife had the sister vehicle to it--the Dodge Durango and it was totaled by the insurance company. She loved that vehicle and she loved mine because the power seats still worked and I had adjustable foot pedals. She was on the shorter side--roughly 5' tall.

It was somewhat liberating. I'm a-ok with it because we have a smaller vehicle now as we sold our other large ICE (Dodge Durango) and bought a small Jeep Renegade (Dawn of Justice Edition). I carpool with my wife and if I absolutely need to have my own car, we do have one available to us that I can pickup for the weekends.

This just allows me to start a little sooner on saving for the down payment for the Model 3...which is a great thing.

I had restored an 1986 Corvette years ago and always entertained unsolicited offers :)
Cops run into all sorts of people everyday, all day. If I were a cop and if I made some deals over the years thru my access , I may have run into some good deals. :)
"IF" :)

Reactions: Red Sage
I had restored an 1986 Corvette years ago and always entertained unsolicited offers :)
Cops run into all sorts of people everyday, all day. If I were a cop and if I made some deals over the years thru my access , I may have run into some good deals. :)
"IF" :)

For a short while we had a 1998 red Chevy Camaro. It was the first car for my stepdaughter and I guess we didn't think that we had to warn her about driving the car should the engine overheat. The water pump cracked and she kept driving home. Let's just say that my brother-in-law made it his Summer project to rebuild the engine after that minor fiasco. Now, for that car, we put a for sale sign on it and parked it in our yard. It sold quickly. In fact, the buyer was a co-worker. They since resold it as well.