Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you have a satin/matte Tesla???

• Oh ya!

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • NO WAY!

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here at Auto Armour we specialize in paint protection film. If you don't know about paint protection film - you should! It is the BEST way to protect your paint from scratches, and environmental woes of the road. We get a lot of questions about Xpel Stealth - a type of paint protection film that takes your cars finish from gloss, to satin or matte.

Xpel Stealth gives your car the appearance of having a matte paint job, but without all the trouble and headaches of a matte paint job. Plus, if you change your mind it is simple and quick to get your glossy finish back.

Below are some pictures of a Model S going from gloss, to satin. You'll notice that it is partially dissembled. This is essential and allows us to be intricately detailed during installation - ensuring every visible painted surface transitions to satin.

TMC1.jpg

TMC2.jpg

TMC3.jpg

Feel free to ask us any questions about Xpel Stealth or paint protection film in general.

If anybody has a satin Tesla...show it off! Post a pic below!

Looks great. Don't think I've ever seen anyone take a vehicle apart to apply PPF, kudos! What are your thoughts on the Premium Shield Elite V2 product? Do you have finished pics of this black MS?

Hi there!
We've tried out some of the new premium shield product. It's definitely going to be one of the top films in the industry, however, our initial testing with some of their early product was not quite up to our standards. We have been in contact with Colleen (Regional Rep) and Brett (owner) and we are working together to make the small changes we think will take this film to the next level. For now, though, we are sticking with Xpel Ultimate.

Let me see if I have fully reassembled pictures of this vehicle and if I find them I will post. If not, we are currently reassembling a Model X that we just fully wrapped in Xpel Stealth.