Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new Autopilot free trial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an M3 LR RWD without EAP, FSD, or any of the new variations. Just got another free trial offer for AutoPilot. Has anybody else seen this? I wonder if this is another round to get sales since they’re including it in new orders. I also wonder if holding out for eventual free possibility would be wise?

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I just got the same thing this morning. M3 LR RWD, no autopilot. It didn't say how long the trial was for. Is it 30 days?

20190419_085506.jpg

I have an M3 LR RWD without EAP, FSD, or any of the new variations. Just got another free trial offer for AutoPilot. Has anybody else seen this? I wonder if this is another round to get sales since they’re including it in new orders. I also wonder if holding out for eventual free possibility would be wise?
Holding our for free sounds like pure fantasy, but sale prices have been Tesla’s habit — if you don’t mind waiting a year or two. I waited over two years before buying EAP/FSD on sale for my 2016 S and saved a lot of money but I also plan to keep the car 8-10 years or more.

Let's see? FSD to be demonstrated to the press on Monday. Elon says that FSD prices will start to increase dramatically on May 1.

What conclusions could one draw???
Even if prices go up in May, they will go back down as some future end of quarter financial situation dictates.

Ask the people who paid big bucks for FSD nearly three years ago because they were surely saving money vs buying later. Or ask the people who software upgraded 2016 S60 to S75 at initial car purchase to save future money. What a joke.

Tesla is no different than any retailer that has sale prices as need dictates. Notice in Elon’s remarks he never says prices will rise forever. Because, of course, they won’t.

Reactions: ebmcs03
I think that post with the details about the 60 day free trial may be old or there may be errors in my car. I see the same as others on the web with no discount. On the car, it now says 14 day trial in the AutoPilot settings, but I get an error if I push to purchase. So, I can’t see the actual pricing.

I'm assuming that this trial will not be available for those who got the previous trials. I wouldn't mind getting to play with it a little more, but would think about getting AP at a discount. Don't really need the FSD features, but some of the AP stuff would be nice.