Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A new potential buyer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a new and potential Tesla buyer. I’m just wondering if there’s anything I should know before I drop 150K Canadian dollars. on my model X.

I am aware of the cold weather up here. Will have an effect on my range that I’m not too concerned about 530km is decent on a full change and it’s better than most gasoline so I’m ahead at the moment with this idea.

Reactions: scottf200
Solution
The FSD is definitely not worth the huge price tag. The base autopilot is really good. I would not get the Yoke especially now that it's an almost $1400 price increase for some reason. Some people like it but inevitably it is going to be a pain some of the time. Around town it looks very awkward.
So I’ve been reading a lot about these falcon doors on the model X are they really problematic or is it just no growing pains for the company? Also, I noticed Tesla themselves package sets of tires with rims with two different sizes is that standard or a must is I’ve never Put two different tires on a vehicle before
Fwd are the least of the issues with model x. There are so many.

Upvote 0
So I’ve been reading a lot about these falcon doors on the model X are they really problematic or is it just no growing pains for the company? Also, I noticed Tesla themselves package sets of tires with rims with two different sizes is that standard or a must is I’ve never Put two different tires on a vehicle before
The doors are very cool. Even in tight parking spots they can open. They have various sensors in them. The only real complaint that is recurring is that they may sense and object and refuse to open fully. Most of the time it is in the summer when the sun is angled just right and heats up the outside of the door, so the sensor gets hot. It thinks there is an object in the way. This is the most common problem. But fear not, you can always override this manually by holding down the button. Not a big deal.

The FWD's are what attracts all the cool onlookers and with kids or seniors makes life easier.

Upvote 0
I’m sorry you had shitty service, I can say the same thing when I purchased my VW bug 10 years ago. Pretty much everything you said happened to me as well.
i’m still shopping. I got a Hyundai Volkswagen and Kia to take a look at yet before I make my decision but I do know I’m going EV I’m getting out of gas it just matters on who I’m going to purchase from.
Might want to filter out recommendations from users who joined after you...troll alert.

Upvote 0