Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A-pillar replacement clip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, the A-pillar on the drivers side of my 23MYLR is not fully in place. I called the service center and they had the next appointment in a month. The agent suggested pushing it in where the 3 clips are on the trim.

I tried it and it didn't work and I then pulled the trim out carefully to see what was going on, and saw that the 3 clips vertically down the center are smashed. Maybe because of me pushing it in (or maybe it was that way from the factory) - not sure.

Is there a part# for the clips that I can buy and replace? I looked at epc.tesla.com and it looks like they don't sell those clips by themselves - only with the trim.

Hi, the A-pillar on the drivers side of my 23MYLR is not fully in place. I called the service center and they had the next appointment in a month. The agent suggested pushing it in where the 3 clips are on the trim.

I tried it and it didn't work and I then pulled the trim out carefully to see what was going on, and saw that the 3 clips vertically down the center are smashed. Maybe because of me pushing it in (or maybe it was that way from the factory) - not sure.

Is there a part# for the clips that I can buy and replace? I looked at epc.tesla.com and it looks like they don't sell those clips by themselves - only with the trim.
Use a hair dryer to heat up the clips to soften them. Then bend then back. Then Wait for cool down. Then clip them back in

I had the same issue where the trim that goes from dash to the ceiling (a-0piller). Took to service center and the dumbA$$tech told me it’s within tesla specs. Called mobile service and the guy put two little while clips.

Take off the popper yourself carefully and see if you see clips. My were white. Ifs it’s not fitting and is loose, you are missing clips.

I think 20-40% of the service center techs have really no idea on anything and is still learning on the job. Was told by mobile tech. The once with more knowledge gets duties as mobile techs

I had the same issue where the trim that goes from dash to the ceiling (a-0piller). Took to service center and the dumbA$$tech told me it’s within tesla specs. Called mobile service and the guy put two little while clips.

Take off the popper yourself carefully and see if you see clips. My were white. Ifs it’s not fitting and is loose, you are missing clips.

I think 20-40% of the service center techs have really no idea on anything and is still learning on the job. Was told by mobile tech. The once with more knowledge gets duties as mobile techs
Yeah, these are the white clips. Trying to avoid the service fee if I can replace these myself - but can't find the part#

Yeah, these are the white clips. Trying to avoid the service fee if I can replace these myself - but can't find the part#
I m sure anything off of Amazon or trip to autozone/Walmart could do it. Maybe a call to tesla service center for parts

Attachments

• IMG_2965.png
    IMG_2965.png
    759 KB · Views: 76