Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A very cheap way to promote EV future.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A very cheap way to promote EV future.

For less than $40, all new and refurbished houses should be made EV.
All new apartments should also have the foundation for EV charging (I guess $1000~3000).

Simply by adding conduit, boxes, and space on a circuit panel for such.

For a little more the breaker, wiring, and NEMA6-50 (or alternate) connector installed.

It is simply being prepared for installation, since it is much easier to install in construction than make holes later.
A $8 plastic electrical box with a few feet of conduit would be a cheap, ready to upgrade option for the day it is needed.

A month back was happening to look at an new complex under construction and it occurred to me to ask if they building for EV.
They where not, but the suggestion of at least being upgrade ready was a good idea.

On that regard, I also sent a physical letter (harder to ignore) with the same suggestion to politician (see how that goes).

• Love
Reactions: Watts_Up
There is a NEW small subdivision being built here (first of 5 units not finished), I called them asking about EV connections.
At first they where like "what is EV?" Not take long for them to understand and its marketing potential, but I wonder if they are going to do it.

If this community is so inclined, ask them if the houses are EV ready.

[email protected] her name is Jincy Jose

These are the builders

Thanks!

Last edited: