Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor A2Z EV CCS1 Adapter - Thunderstorm Plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

We created this thread so we can group all discussions regarding the A2Z CCS1 Thunderstorm Plug.
In here, questions can be asked, data can be shared and proposals to make the product/service better.

Enjoy the freedom of charging anywhere. Everywhere.

- A2Z EV

• Helpful
Reactions: jjrandorin
I just recently purchased a CCS1 Thunderstorm Plug and I have tried it on 4 different EVgo (2 of them were signet 350KW). I tried at least half dozen times on both of them and it would just not connect. There were 100 kw EVgo it took me about 4 tries before it would finally work. I just kept getting it's not plugged in correctly even though it was and it took multiple tries before it was finally recognized. Both times when I was able to get it to work, I had to remove the lock pin and use it without it.

I just recently purchased a CCS1 Thunderstorm Plug and I have tried it on 4 different EVgo (2 of them were signet 350KW). I tried at least half dozen times on both of them and it would just not connect. There were 100 kw EVgo it took me about 4 tries before it would finally work. I just kept getting it's not plugged in correctly even though it was and it took multiple tries before it was finally recognized. Both times when I was able to get it to work, I had to remove the lock pin and use it without it.
Hi.

We have very rarely seen defective adapters (no more than 2 or 3). Most of the time, the charging stations would have some kind of issues. Now, if you feel you may have a defective unit, you can contact us directly using our phone number, email or chat and we’ll sort it out with you. If it’s determined that your adapter may be defective, we’ll be more than happy to replace it for you.

Feel free to contact us, we are here for you.

- A2Z EV

Last edited:
Reactions: jigs2008
Anyone having trouble communicating with a2z? I ordered an adapter about a week ago and I still don't have a shipping notification. Have attempted a couple emails with no response. Are these guys legit or do I need to notify the credit card company?

Anyone having trouble communicating with a2z? I ordered an adapter about a week ago and I still don't have a shipping notification. Have attempted a couple emails with no response. Are these guys legit or do I need to notify the credit card company?
Hi there,

I see here your order was placed 5 days ago. In the CCS1 product description we mention that it takes approximately 1-7 business days for deliveries.

In Montreal, Canada, we had a huge ice storm last week and no electricity for about 5 days, for which we sent an email to all customers mentioning it. It happens that some customers don’t receive our order updates as it goes to your spam folder.

Could you please give us a call? We have a 1-800 phone number.
1-877-229-3838
Some emails go straight to spam and I only see one from you in the spam section which I just replied to!

Your order is already packed and leaving today for a reception tomorrow at your front door steps.

Last edited:
Looks like the reason I was having trouble getting information from a2z hinged around the fact that they were experiencing a major ice storm in their area (Montreal) and their offices were shut down for the past week. Now that they are back in the office they have resolved the issue. My package has been shipped and they promptly forwarded me the USP tracking number.

Looks like the reason I was having trouble getting information from a2z hinged around the fact that they were experiencing a major ice storm in their area (Montreal) and their offices were shut down for the past week. Now that they are back in the office they have resolved the issue. My package has been shipped and they promptly forwarded me the USP tracking number.
Thanks a lot for trusting us!

Please provide a link to your product and a explanation on why someone should by your product instead of the OEM product.
Hi there,

We have made this picture explaining the differences between OEM and A2Z.
Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 3.00.43 AM.png

For temperature comparison, our partner on YouTube (BCTESLAGUY) made some quick measures :

Here is the product link : CCS Combo 1 Adapter (CCS1) - 250kW - CE & FCC CERTIFIED - A2Z Thunderstorm Plug - Fast Charge Adapter For Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y - Free Hard Case & Locking Pin

Thanks.

Kindly,

A2Z EV

Hello A2Z. I received the thunderstorm plug on last Friday, and I tried it first time. I have the same issue. Managed to get it working after approximately 10 attempts and 3 different charging stations. What I can see, I have problem to fully insert CCS1 plug into female part of the adapter. It doesn’t click how It does in video posted above, and I don’t want to force it too much. First I tried at Chevron’s On the Way Station. After plugging the adapter into my tesla model 3, the charger light didn’t change from white colour to blue, and the car start constantly unlocking/ locking.