Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For Tesla's in US that support CCS, I have a question. know we can get the CCS Combo 1 adapter. Will the CCS Combo 2 adapter work also outside US?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For Tesla's in US that support CCS, I have a question. know we can get the CCS Combo 1 adapter. Will the CCS Combo 2 adapter work also outside US?

I asked the Tesla Mobile Tech and he did not know.

Do these Tesla cars also provide support for CCS Combo 2 outside US?

If we travel to these countries, can we get a CCS Combo 2 adapter?

Thanks

Your US Tesla has a proprietary North American Tesla chargeport. European and Far East market Teslas have either the Type 2 chargeport (older Model S or X) or the CCS2 chargeport (Model 3, Y and newer S and X.) There was an adapter to allow older Model S and X to charge from CCS equipped chargers by converting CCS2 into Type 2. However, there are no adapters to convert from CCS2 to North American proprietary chargeport.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Your US Tesla has a proprietary North American Tesla chargeport. European and Far East market Teslas have either the Type 2 chargeport (older Model S or X) or the CCS2 chargeport (Model 3, Y and newer S and X.) There was an adapter to allow older Model S and X to charge from CCS equipped chargers by converting CCS2 into Type 2. However, there are no adapters to convert from CCS2 to North American proprietary chargeport.

Key thing is there are no official adapters for a Tesla US to charge off of a CCS2 DC FC. If you saw in the link posted above there are unofficial adapters (available there and elsewhere) for CCS 2 to Tesla; as long as the car is CCS enabled it should work, but as an official solution YMMV; at the very least charging at CCS2 non Tesla stations should work (I've read that trying to charge at Tesla superchargers (V2 and/or V3+) with such adapters didn't work, not sure if they ever fixed that or not).

Type 2 to Type 1 AC is less of an issue since that is more supported, just combine with the official Tesla J1772 adapter, or get an unofficial one to convert it more directly.