Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABC7 Los Angeles just reported on the EOY fiasco

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Eh, I think the folks who ordered in October and who are now getting pushed back to 2020 probably have a right to say “Tesla sucks”. Hard to believe they couldn’t manage to fill those orders within 3 months time.

Wow, if they ordered in Oct, then I agree they have a reason to be upset. MY co-worker ordered after Veterans Day and got theirs mid Dec.

Reactions: matador4 and msm859
Eh, I think the folks who ordered in October and who are now getting pushed back to 2020 probably have a right to say “Tesla sucks”. Hard to believe they couldn’t manage to fill those orders within 3 months time.

The LAST car Tesla wants to sell is an SR+ White / Black / Aero

If they had to make a choice between selling that or a Performance or AWD...

It's just economics. Nothing personal. I had a friend who placed an order and got his car 3-4 days. He went AWD / White / Black Aero which is another $10K for Tesla.

Reactions: Celeritas
Wtf after you all talking about that $1800 is meaningless to other people? What a stupid thing to say lol. Maybe it's meaningless to you but you got no idea wtf you're talking about when you start counting other peoples' money for them and tell them how unimportant it is by some twisted logic.

I could have a gazillion dollars or I could have none. I'm still picking coins up of the ground if they shine.

Wtf after you all talking about that $1800 is meaningless to other people? What a stupid thing to say lol. Maybe it's meaningless to you but you got no idea wtf you're talking about when you start counting other peoples' money for them and tell them how unimportant it is by some twisted logic.

I could have a gazillion dollars or I could have none. I'm still picking coins up of the ground if they shine.

Is this Leon Cooperman?

Well, whoever ordered a white Model 3 LR could have just drove to Las Vegas to pick up the car... according to the Tesla web site, this one is currently sitting in the Las Vegas store...

2019-12-31.png

• Informative
Reactions: Transformer
Well, whoever ordered a white Model 3 LR could have just drove to Las Vegas to pick up the car... according to the Tesla web site, this one is currently sitting in the Las Vegas store...

Indeed. Or they could've filled a local November 9 order.

A 5pm phone call said wait for notification, which hasn't come (10pm). I'm not going to drag my wife with a stomach bug to the factory to wait outside in the rush ticket line on a hope that a car will be available.

One reason I didn't order a car earlier is the company's chaos. Been jerked around enough this month and will wait for January and maybe a car that's been thoroughly tested.

I like saving on tax as much as the next guy but I agree that the tax credit hype was just that: hype. Ordered a LR AWD mid-nov but when a local Inventory P3D+ showed up on the hunter days later I jumped on that lightning quick. Still kept the order but changed it to an SR which I figured I can use for business so I didn’t have to worry about tracking personal miles on the P3D without really worrying about the delivery date actually being fulfilled before 23:59 12/31/19.

It’s not as if there’s a pile of unwanted cars just sitting around doing nothing.

When we’re at a point where folks are at the factory waiting for their car to come out of the door, things are genuinely in real time.

I think any suspicion of a “demand problem” is long gone.

Yes, it stinks for the folks who didn’t get their delivery by 12/31; I feel genuinely bad for those who placed orders early enough (ie October/November) to supposedly have a guaranteed slot. Those after 12/8, well, the website said it wouldn’t be guaranteed.

If I were one of those waiting I probably would be grumbly right now. That said, as a shareholder, current owner and “want them to succeeder” - Can’t be unhappy about having more orders than cars.