Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Able to order UMC 14-30 adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up, my SC in Salt Lake was able to order the 14-30 (June 2016) and have it sent to the SC.

To confirm, they did not have it in stock. They ordered it, and it was shipped to them.

Now if I could just find the 10-30...

They were able to order a 14-30 adapter for you? My service center said that they were discontinued and could not be ordered. I guess that I will keep calling around.

I don't believe any of the adapters listed on their site are suitable for someone using a Tesla 10-30 adapter to set the pilot signal properly for 30A sockets. Of course, if you told them what you wanted, they could make it up for you, just like I did by myself with parts from Home Depot. However, they do have almost everything you can think of if you are just using the standard 14-50 adapter on your UMC and you are willing and able to manually set the charging current.

I'm hoping that he is not going to actually receive a 14-50 instead, and the SC screwed up. On a good note, I was able to finally locate an SC that had a 10-30 they were able to sell me. Now, if I could find a 14-30.

Why would you hope for my misfortune?

In any event, my SC didn't have it in stock, ordered it, received it, sold it to me, aaaaand, done.

Also, I called around to various SCs, and I was able to find a 10-30 also. Aaaaand done.