Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gisteren hier in Las Vegas een dik uur met de P85D rond gereden. Niet normaal als je dat pendaal intrapt het lijkt letterlijk als je gaat opstijgen.

Tevens van Tesla gelijk een Owners pet gekregen, is een nieuw idee wat ze gestart zijn dat alle mensen die een Tesla kopen een pet krijgen met daar op de vermelding Tesla Drivers Group. Ze wisten niet als ze hetzelfde gingne doen in Europa. Wel mooi aangezien ik nu de binnenkant van mijn auto heb kunnen zien. De P85D had exact dezelfde inrichting als dat ik gekozen heb voor mijn 85D.

10850138_10203423467807528_5110650494461548679_n.jpg

Tevens is met de D de Frunk space 45% minder geworden!! Dat is dus flink.

Ik begin te begrijpen waarom Elon "Insane" heeft gebruikt:

I got a chance to drag race a 691-hp Tesla Model S P85D against a Ferrari and a Lamborghini today, and this is what it felt like:
First impressions: The acceleration is ridiculous. I daily drive an Aventador, and I thought I got used to fast accelerations. But no, the Tesla Model S P85D hauled some serious ass. As a passenger, you do not get a chance to get ready for it at all. My internal organs were glued to the back of my body. I've done the P85+ test drive before, and it was already pretty fast. But this P85D is on a whole other level.

We pitted the car's acceleration against other cars. It pretty much beat everything at the car show (Ferraris and R8s didn't stand a chance). So I had to pit it against my Aventador, which does 0-60 in 2.8-2.9 seconds. Tesla P85D does it in 3.1-3.2 seconds. Right off the bat, the Tesla got ahead. It gets a good maybe half a car length ahead before the Aventador grips fully and starts hauling. So we decided to make it fairer and only accelerate the Tesla when the Aventador grips and starts moving. That's when we truly got both cars to start moving at roughly the same time.

Drag Race Results (Note: This was completely casual and not in anyway in ideal, scientific conditions - the Aventador was not doing launch control): The Tesla pulled ahead in the beginning by about the hood length. But Tesla never got a chance to pull away. Instead, the Aventador kept up and was slowly cutting the difference between them with each gear shift. By the 50-60 mph, the Aventador caught up. By the 85 mph mark, the Aventador was half a car length ahead and the Tesla was only at 70-75 mph. So from around 0-60, the Aventador and Tesla P85D were pretty much neck and neck. But from 0-30 or so... the Tesla beat the Aventador. This gives you a general idea of how ridiculously fast the P85D is at the jump.

More observation: It feels different as a driver. Since I can anticipate the acceleration, I don't get the same scare/thrill that I get as a passenger. It's to a point where I actually enjoyed being a passenger rather than a driver. But after about a dozen of those 0-60 accelerations, I felt like I had to puke - probably the first time I felt this way in many years. It was a different feeling than what I got from an internal combustion engine car, because when you hear the engine roar, you can kind of anticipate the acceleration that comes after it. But since the Tesla is silent, there's no warning. I think I almost got a concussion from my head suddenly banging into the headrest because of how little anticipation the car gives you. At one point I was in mid-sentence when my driver floored it, and I had trouble getting the words out of my mouth. It really takes your breath away (literally). The acceleration is at the border between fun and frightening.

Needless to say, I'm having one delivered to me on Christmas.

I got a chance to drag race a 691-hp Tesla Model S P85D against a Ferrari and a Lamborghini today, and this is what it felt like:
First impressions: The acceleration is ridiculous. I daily drive an Aventador, and I thought I got used to fast accelerations. But no, the Tesla Model S P85D hauled some serious ass. As a passenger, you do not get a chance to get ready for it at all. My internal organs were glued to the back of my body. I've done the P85+ test drive before, and it was already pretty fast. But this P85D is on a whole other level.

We pitted the car's acceleration against other cars. It pretty much beat everything at the car show (Ferraris and R8s didn't stand a chance). So I had to pit it against my Aventador, which does 0-60 in 2.8-2.9 seconds. Tesla P85D does it in 3.1-3.2 seconds. Right off the bat, the Tesla got ahead. It gets a good maybe half a car length ahead before the Aventador grips fully and starts hauling. So we decided to make it fairer and only accelerate the Tesla when the Aventador grips and starts moving. That's when we truly got both cars to start moving at roughly the same time.

Drag Race Results (Note: This was completely casual and not in anyway in ideal, scientific conditions - the Aventador was not doing launch control): The Tesla pulled ahead in the beginning by about the hood length. But Tesla never got a chance to pull away. Instead, the Aventador kept up and was slowly cutting the difference between them with each gear shift. By the 50-60 mph, the Aventador caught up. By the 85 mph mark, the Aventador was half a car length ahead and the Tesla was only at 70-75 mph. So from around 0-60, the Aventador and Tesla P85D were pretty much neck and neck. But from 0-30 or so... the Tesla beat the Aventador. This gives you a general idea of how ridiculously fast the P85D is at the jump.

More observation: It feels different as a driver. Since I can anticipate the acceleration, I don't get the same scare/thrill that I get as a passenger. It's to a point where I actually enjoyed being a passenger rather than a driver. But after about a dozen of those 0-60 accelerations, I felt like I had to puke - probably the first time I felt this way in many years. It was a different feeling than what I got from an internal combustion engine car, because when you hear the engine roar, you can kind of anticipate the acceleration that comes after it. But since the Tesla is silent, there's no warning. I think I almost got a concussion from my head suddenly banging into the headrest because of how little anticipation the car gives you. At one point I was in mid-sentence when my driver floored it, and I had trouble getting the words out of my mouth. It really takes your breath away (literally). The acceleration is at the border between fun and frightening.

Na zelf een P85D gereden te hebben en een dag later een R8 V10 is de Tesla inderdaad INSANE. De R8 komt te laat op gang wanneer je het pendaal naar beneden drukt, tja het geluid is natuurlijk wel mooi maargoed.

Zoals het er nu naar uit ziet, ga ik altijd voor een voorraad zakjes moeten zorgen. Het zijn nu al 2 rijders die met het verhaal komen van motion sickness als je voluit gaat. Straks wordt hij nog van de markt gehaald door de FDA. :biggrin:

Ik herinner me nog de proefrit in Antwerpen januari 2013, mijn vrouw zat op de achterbank en werd ook misselijk van de acceleratie, terwijl ze zelf ook nogal sportief rijdt. Maar je went er wel aan.

Zoals het er nu naar uit ziet, ga ik altijd voor een voorraad zakjes moeten zorgen. Het zijn nu al 2 rijders die met het verhaal komen van motion sickness als je voluit gaat. Straks wordt hij nog van de markt gehaald door de FDA. :biggrin:
In een "gewone" P85 heb je hier ook al last van. De klaagzang van mijn vrouw heeft maanden geduurd maar inmiddels is ze er aardig aan gewend. Ik heb het langzaam op moeten bouwen. In oktober een week naar Groningen, in november een weekendje Parijs en deze maand op naar Z-Frankrijk:scared: :biggrin:

Hier is het bijbehorende filmpje

http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-s-p85d-destroys-ferrari-street-race/

De eerste TMC members in de US die een P85D ontvangen hebben, klagen over de range. Als reactie zijn er een paar die dreigen te cancellen indien de beloofde efficiëntie van de dual motor setup niet correct blijkt te zijn. Dit bericht blijkt Elon bereikt te hebben die de volgende tweet heeft gestuurd:

Tweet over range P85D Elon.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
wat me opvalt zijn de pinkers (aka richtingaanwijzers voor onze NL vrienden) die blijkbaar een nieuwe animatie hebben op deze P85D ?
Kijk ergens op het einde van de video als de model S afdraait.

Zou dit een animatie in de video zijn of doen ze echt zo ?

Het is de interferentie van het led licht dat een andere frekwentie heeft dan de fmps van de camera. Je zag dit voorheen ook al in video's van de Model S.

wat me opvalt zijn de pinkers (aka richtingaanwijzers voor onze NL vrienden) die blijkbaar een nieuwe animatie hebben op deze P85D ?
Kijk ergens op het einde van de video als de model S afdraait.

Zou dit een animatie in de video zijn of doen ze echt zo ?

Deze filmpjes laten op een bijna genante manier zien hoe achterhaald een ICE is. Als je ziet wat dat topmodel mechanisch allemaal aan geweld moet doorstaan, nog te zwijgen over wat er verbruikt wordt en het geluid, om ongeveer gelijk op te trekken met de P85D en wat dat dan aan slijtage aan de onderdelen en flink extra onderhoud betekent, dan is het plaatje wel duidelijk. Maar natuurlijk kan het zo zijn dat je daar juist van houdt.

Let wel, dit is dus vanaf ca. 50 km/u en dan valt het mij dus behoorlijk mee dat verschil (of tegen, net vanuit welk gezichtspunt je het bekijkt). Vanaf nul wordt het denk ik wel een wat ander verhaal....

In het tweede filmpje is te zien dat de P85D al behoorlijk snel in de "regen" gaat. Remlichten branden. Hij zou anders tot 250 km/uur doortrekken. Om een "gewone" P er zo uit te rijden moet je wel wat in huis hebben.