Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to buy VIN 1130, 2017 Model 3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The car is being sold by Tesla at a wholesale auction. I won't be able to get the owner's log in info. I tried ev-cpo but there's no data on the car. I'm going to guess it was actually EAP with Summon. What would the AP page look like if FSD was enabled? I didn't see much that looked like FSD when I checked...

That sounds sketchy...does Tesla often sell cars at wholesale auctions? They have cars all the way from 2012-2019 on their Used Inventory. I wonder if they do that for salvage cars or any where they will no longer offer a factory warranty due to an accident or other issue.

and you are correct, the price people are paying for used Tesla's are crazy, yet owners who bought a few years ago(and got large tax credits) keep whining about how their car has lost so much value.

Reactions: nvx1977
Tesla had been selling at auction for about a year now. The cars are all clean titles. My guess is they just have more inventory than they can handle with trade-ins and lease buy backs.

These auctions are basically dealer only, dealer to dealer. It's a common way for all dealerships to refresh, turnover, or adjust their inventory. The sales are basically as is, no negotiations, all business.

That sounds sketchy...does Tesla often sell cars at wholesale auctions? They have cars all the way from 2012-2019 on their Used Inventory. I wonder if they do that for salvage cars or any where they will no longer offer a factory warranty due to an accident or other issue.

and you are correct, the price people are paying for used Tesla's are crazy, yet owners who bought a few years ago(and got large tax credits) keep whining about how their car has lost so much value.