Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to buy VIN 1130, 2017 Model 3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ehhh personally i wouldn't do it. I had VIN 23XX previously and now have VIN 83XXX and there are a few noticeable differences but the main reason is the improvements they've made in build quality and design overall. Tons of small minor things which may be imperceptible at first glance, but i'm sure will contribute to a more reliable car for the long term.

That said, you will get an Alcantara headliner instead of cloth which IS pretty damn nice haha but Tesla changed a few other things in the car since then, some examples include:
  • Seats are much more comfortable now
  • Suspension was overhauled multiple times, yours will be firmer than now (which i personally would prefer)
  • Interior trim changes (i.e the dash has more metal trim instead of being left as raw wood behind the steering wheel, steering wheel logo went from gloss to matte)
But that price is pretty good...the LR RWD is incredibly efficient so it's a road trip machine (though i see you're in Hawaii lol). I could get 200 wh/mile in my RWD and now i'm lucky to get 280 in my P3D.

Reactions: Gu$ G
I have a 3800s VIN and I’m happy with it. Had one rattle but the SC took care of it. Suspension is fine IMO, although if it was built before December 2017 I think you have the very early suspension that many consider too rough. I did read that Tesla was agreeing to swap those out for free though

I also hear murmurs that the new models are quieter in terms of road noise but you are saving nearly $20k. I think it’s a great deal

I have a 2017 car. Tesla was swapping the suspensions for free if the owner asked, so it might have the current “normal” suspension. You will be able to tell when you drive it - the original suspension was super stiff.

The alcantara headliner is very nice and wears well. Mine had a couple of charge port door failures, a stinky AC (not unique to early cars) and a few rattles and wind noise I am still sorting out. Overall, my car has been great.

with FSD and that low of a VIN, you should be able to get it upgraded to HW3 soon in the prior owner hasn’t done that already.

I think I just realized this car doesn't actually have FSD...? Or at least I'm not sure. I saw under the Autopilot menu that Summon was available. I thought that was only available to FSD cars, but in further research I just saw someone advertising AP with Summon instead of FSD. Can anyone comment?

This is a great deal with FSD. Even if you end up selling it for whatever reason you should be able to sell for the same price.

The car was available with EAP which included summon. FSD was still extra. Find the car on Tesla's web site and it will say. You need the owners log in info to see it.

The car is being sold by Tesla at a wholesale auction. I won't be able to get the owner's log in info. I tried ev-cpo but there's no data on the car. I'm going to guess it was actually EAP with Summon. What would the AP page look like if FSD was enabled? I didn't see much that looked like FSD when I checked...