Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to pull the trigger on a Prius V

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really appreciate the valuable feedback from everybody. We are now leaning toward the Volt. Now, the trick is to see how cheaply it can be had. I might lean toward a 3 year lease, hoping the Gen3 will be available then.
Holiday Chevrolet in Whitesboro gave me a good deal when I traded in my 2012 Volt for a 2014 Volt. They aren't too far north of Dallas. It was worthwhile for me to drive from Houston. Ask for David Johnson.

I really appreciate the valuable feedback from everybody. We are now leaning toward the Volt. Now, the trick is to see how cheaply it can be had. I might lean toward a 3 year lease, hoping the Gen3 will be available then.
Interesting... hope you realize the Volt is a compact car and has less interior room than even the regular Prius (aka liftback) let alone the Prius v wagon.

See Specs tab of Compare Side-by-Side.

I recall someone mentioning plug-in kits for non-plug-in Priuses. I wouldn't bother.

However, the Volt is admittedly much closer to an EV than the PiP due to the PiP's limitations (e.g. limited range, max speed of 62 mph (IIRC) in EV mode, being hard on the go pedal = ICE turning on, etc.)

Interesting... hope you realize the Volt is a compact car and has less interior room than even the regular Prius (aka liftback) let alone the Prius v wagon.

See Specs tab of Compare Side-by-Side.

I recall someone mentioning plug-in kits for non-plug-in Priuses. I wouldn't bother.

However, the Volt is admittedly much closer to an EV than the PiP due to the PiP's limitations (e.g. limited range, max speed of 62 mph (IIRC) in EV mode, being hard on the go pedal = ICE turning on, etc.)

1. The rear seats of the Volt were roomier for the child seats than the regular Prius.
2. The Volt is already a very nice PHEV
3. Safety ratings are better on the Volt (for now)
4. Incentives and tax rebates are better on the Volt

All Signs Point to Volt ;)

I'd like to throw some more support to the VW TDI option. I recently started traveling longer distances for work, which made owning just an EV unfeasible. I ended up leasing a 2nd car and chose the Passat TDI-SEL. On long trips I almost always exceed the 45mpg on an average work trip I can go about 7-800 on a full tank (18.5gal) which is filling up when the light turns on. I have never tried to push it to empty lol. I'm amazed at how efficient it is and it's nice to not always be on the look out for charging stations ;)

1. The rear seats of the Volt were roomier for the child seats than the regular Prius.
2. The Volt is already a very nice PHEV
3. Safety ratings are better on the Volt (for now)
4. Incentives and tax rebates are better on the Volt

All Signs Point to Volt ;)

For pointers on deals ask at gm-volt.com. If you're happy to buy online and arrange to have a car shipped Keyes and Rydell (CA dealerships) both have excellent deals available, which means you should never accept less than $2.5k under MSRP overall. Both dealerships regularly post their deals there and I believe the Keyes deals can be better but you need to contact them as instructed on their threads.