Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP calibrated reference consumption

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im starting to think my car has some kind of problem. It's been very high (300+ Wh/mi) since I received my car with the 19". Currently at 302 Wh/mi @ 65mph with T-Sportline TSS 20" and Vredstein Quatrac Pro, 60°F, driving normal freeway speed between 70-75mph.

For reference, my 2018 Model 3 LR RWD with 19" TSS and stock Conti tires lifetime consumption (24k miles) is 260 Wh/mi, driving way harder than my Y.

I am using Teslamate for my logging on a private server. So I \ am not calibrated with APRB in any way. But FWIW, I did a few runs last week consistently to get a better idea. Here are my stats :

Longer trips : 100+ miles, 95%+ highway, :
Starting Temp : 42 - 52 F, Elevation : 3000 ft gain and back, 95% highway miles, Interior temp : 68F, Preconditioned for 30 mins prior to drive. About 105 miles approx, round trip.

@AP set to 60mph resulting in an average speed of 54mph : 272 wh/mi
@AP set to 65mph resulting in an average speed of 59mph : 285 wh/mi

Short trips : ~20 miles, 80% highway :
Similar temps and preconditioning as above, but just 800ft elevation gains.
@AP set to 70mph, resulting in an average speed of about 45mph : 295 - 345 wh/mi

Happy do report back more if people want it.

I don't think ABRP gets this number from your Tesla account. It does not appear to change dynamically with colder weather or drive history so I think you're supposed to input it manually.
In my interpretation it does come from the vehicle. Just click on the bar graph (to the left of the consumption field) and this will show up:

abrp_expl.png

Last edited:
I put on winter tires (Sottozero 3 Audi Spec as Tesla spec was unavailable right away in 20in) and did a few drives.

1, The usual 104 mile 3000 ft elevation gain round trip drive at a "spirited" pace - I pretty much drove to stay "ahead of the traffic". AP set to 85mph and average speed of 68mph got me 411wh/mi.

2. In another level drive at for about an hour with, AP set to 60mph and an average speed of 53mph on relatively level drive I got 278wh/mi.

For me, the primary consumption driver seems to be speed given the same temp range (35-45F).