Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ABRP Prices update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Europe when you order a Tesla they calculate the total price minus around 5000 USD saving on petrol costs over 5 years.
If the above is correct savings are minimal when charging at superchargers. KWh costs Switzerland is almost 3 times higher at super chargers compared with cheapest night rate at home.

• Informative
Reactions: Fadiawesome
Ever so slightly off topic of which car to take but..

"The total impact of electric vehicles is more pronounced when looking at their complete lifetime, where combustion engine vehicles are unable to compete."

Are Electric Vehicles Really Better For The Environment?

People easily forget that getting the fuel (drilling, fracking, whatever, refininging, transporting, etc) also uses a ton of energy and it is often completely ignored when factoring in the footprint of an individual car. Battery production isn't environmentally free either but it's going in the right direction while increasing use of fracking, polar and deep-sea drilling is (in my opinion and many others) is going in the wrong direction.

Enjoy your trip OP! :)

I dont know, ig guess it just depends on the car since my car gets a much better mpg. If I was going on this road trip for fun, I would take the Tesla easy. But I just want to use the more economical one, since its a longer road trip. Also does anyone know why Tesla increased supercharging prices by so much?
No, but the two most likely reasons are, one, the cost of energy is higher, and Elon is passing the cost increases to the customer; or two, congestion pricing, Cali superchargers are overcrowded, and one way to reduce congestion is to raise prices. Time is money, and people waiting to supercharge is highly inefficient.

• Informative
If I remember correctly, but probably not, Tesla is required by the CPUC to charge the same rates as utilities charge other commercial customers if they charge for electricity. When I left CA, 3 years ago, in San Jose using E6 (I think), peak was something like $0.65 fully burdened per KwH. Energy politics was the #2 reason I left. There was always some group or the other that was against ANY new source of supply, you just need to conserve more and more. Gonna be real interesting to see where they come up with the electricity for all those EVs after they stop allowing the sales of Diesel and gas automobiles. Especially for residents of places like San Francisco where there is no rooftop space in a high rise for solar.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
I just looked at the Tesla screen and every supercharger I saw spread out over California, except the time of use ones, was above 35 cents. I don't know why they haven't come up with an article on this. I dont know I guess whenever you have time just check out the other superchargers across California on your Tesla screen.

I havent driven in a few days so I havent looked. But I've been paying $.31-.33 Kw in San Diego since Ive had the car. So not much of a change for me.

off topic but I am betting my ass that 80% of us didn’t buy a Tesla because we wanna “save the environment”. We just wanna be cooler than others. :)
My “excuse” for choosing the Tesla was to reduce carbon emissions, but the cool factor didn’t discourage me. I have zero regrets. This car has kept me sane during the last 9 months of the pandemic.

off topic but I am betting my ass that 80% of us didn’t buy a Tesla because we wanna “save the environment”. We just wanna be cooler than others. :)

At the time I reserved my M3 day 1, Environmental benefits was not my key decision factor, but rather the cost of maintenance/operation, and the technology.
Since purchasing I have become much more environmentally conscious, and do strive to minimize my carbon footprint.
My M3D charges from renewable hydro power when at home, at some of the cheapest power rates in the country:).

Reactions: Msjulie