Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC issue upgraded to Service Appointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after trying the power down reboot my a/c problem is even worse. Now I will be driving along with temp set to 71 and the whisper quiet AC running when suddenly it starts sounding like a jet engine spooling up! I still get cold air which is good but the noise level is scary! So I went ahead and made a service appointment to see if they can figure it out.

The original problem was an intermittent issue where the AC would just suddenly start blowing warm air of stop blowing all together. Just started after the last 3 updates. The reset was to turn the AC off then turn back on to auto and it would start blowing cold air again.

• Helpful
Reactions: silverstoned83
So after trying the power down reboot my a/c problem is even worse. Now I will be driving along with temp set to 71 and the whisper quiet AC running when suddenly it starts sounding like a jet engine spooling up! I still get cold air which is good but the noise level is scary! So I went ahead and made a service appointment to see if they can figure it out.

The original problem was an intermittent issue where the AC would just suddenly start blowing warm air of stop blowing all together. Just started after the last 3 updates. The reset was to turn the AC off then turn back on to auto and it would start blowing cold air again.
We just picked up our 2021 Model Y October 31 and have the same issue like you are describing. We put the AC on 72 and it's cold. Too cold. Turn it up to 73 and it starts to blow warm air. My Model 3 (2018) never has this problem. Turning the temp to 74 when it is 82 degrees outside should feel pretty cool inside the model Y. And, just to check, I was in my office today and the temp inside the car was at 84 degrees without it on. I turned on the cooling (ac) from the app to 74 which should cool and the picture of the inside of my car on the app should be showing blue for the animation of air coming out of the vents. However, at 74 it was red (blowing heat). Something is wrong and I am VERY aggravated right now. Just spend a lot of money on this Y and from the day we picked it up (on the drive home) it's had this problem. Turning it up one degree from 72 to 73 shouldn't make it blow warm air. Any thoughts on what this could be? Seems like a faulty temp switch or thermostat switch (not sure). Did you ever get your Y fixed for this similar problem and if so, what did they do to fix it? Thanks.

This is interesting, my MY is in the SC for unrelated issues, but I'm driving a MS 75D as a loaner. As I was driving today I noticed my feet were really cold, despite the A/C being set to 73 deg. I kept setting it one degree higher, no change, another degree, no change, right up until the reading changed to "Hi", then the air got warm and the fan went to full speed. The second the system was no longer on "Hi", the air became cool again, irrespective of temperature setting in the car (for reference outside temps were in the low 60's). Also for reference my MY A/C works as expected in these conditions (I drove it a few hours earlier to drop it off for service), so it's not like "I'm doing it wrong".

Seems like a bit of a bug in the temp sensor or firmware related? I have no reference for how the MS worked previously though. Could just be a "beater" loaner car...I did notice the DRL's are wonky too.