Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a MYP on software 2023.20.9 and have notice that on some drives, my ac will not blow below 64 degrees (using a temperature gun shooting directly at the vents) even after driving for 30+ minutes when temp is around 100 degrees outside and temperature set at lowest setting. I know this is not right as the ac should be able to blow 40's-50 degrees. This does not happen all the time, but on a few drives I will notice this. I have brought the vehicle in and they can't reproduce the issue and there is no "error" message for them to diagnose even though i provided the date and time of the drives as I have them via teslafi app to identify which drive it was. Since there is no error message then they can't fix it. My only option would to just drive straight to tesla when this issue occurs and let them experience it. Has anyone have issues with this where the AC is not blowing cold as it should and how this was resolved. I have about 29k miles on my 22 MYP.

Reactions: beachmiles
@Tranman329

Now that I am at a keyboard instead of my iPhone let me expand. When the refrigerant in an AC system is a little low the evaporator coil can become so cold that ice forms, which blocks airflow and limits cooling. The fact that after parking for 30-minutes, followed by the system working again is perfectly is consistent with this problem. During the 30-minutes the ice on evaporator coil melts so it works again until it freezes again.

I very much doubt a Tesla monitors the pressure in the refrigerant loop, so no error message will be seen. I suggest you take it to a reputable automotive shop and have them check the pressure readings. If it is a little low top it off, hopefully you have a very slow leak. Otherwise, you will need a leak check and complete refrigerant service, including replacement of the desiccant bag.

I have a MYP on software 2023.20.9 and have notice that on some drives, my ac will not blow below 64 degrees (using a temperature gun shooting directly at the vents) even after driving for 30+ minutes when temp is around 100 degrees outside and temperature set at lowest setting. I know this is not right as the ac should be able to blow 40's-50 degrees. This does not happen all the time, but on a few drives I will notice this. I have brought the vehicle in and they can't reproduce the issue and there is no "error" message for them to diagnose even though i provided the date and time of the drives as I have them via teslafi app to identify which drive it was. Since there is no error message then they can't fix it. My only option would to just drive straight to tesla when this issue occurs and let them experience it. Has anyone have issues with this where the AC is not blowing cold as it should and how this was resolved. I have about 29k miles on my 22 MYP.
Hi,

I have had this issue multiple times on my Model Y (2022) when I was in AZ last year. I logged dates/times and took it into service. They were not able to find anything wrong :(. I don't have a temperature gun but the air coming out does not feel like even 64 degrees when this happens. I was doing 40 minute drives and the car would just stop cooling at 88F degrees.

We rented a 2023 Model 3 and had the same experience in AZ this last week.

Glad I'm not the only one having this problem... But it seems like there isn't a good way to dx/fix the issue from Tesla :(.

• Informative
Submit a service request.
Mine is too cold, so I don't go below 70 degrees.

Already did.
1693279009869.png

Our Model Y currently has 24,000 miles. We started experiencing low airflow and heating/cooling/defogging problems intermittent at 20,000 miles. We had the servicecenter look at the car on 2 different appointments and all the diagnostic checks said all was fine. On the 3rd visit to service we got in another model Y older than mine to compare airflow and ours was significantly less. The tech finally had a brainstorm and pulled the HEPA filter out of the frunk at 24,000 miles and all our problems went away immediately. The HEPA filter and cabin filters were both changed by Tesla to be sure we were from that point on good to go
Tesla never looked at the filter before the 3rd visit because the manual says they are supposed to last 3-years. I believe our was plugged up with pollen, not dirt

• Informative